Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   M900 Tuning (/showthread.php?t=38978)

lcjohnny 18-Nov-2006 09:52

M900 Tuning

Just getting into tuning my 1997 M900

I want more low to midrange wheel-lifting punch

What is recommended?

as anyone tried using 900SS parts?

:frog:

Jon

KeefyB 18-Nov-2006 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcjohnny
Just getting into tuning my 1997 M900

I want more low to midrange wheel-lifting punch

What is recommended?

as anyone tried using 900SS parts?

:frog:

Jon

There is loads of tuning stuf for the two-valver bikes,.....big bore kits (944cc),big valves,fancy exhausts,flat side carbs..how far do you want to go...
The SS motor is nigh on identical to the Monster.

nelly 18-Nov-2006 10:55

Have you tried playing with the gearing? How often do you max it out in top? If not that often, lower the gearing for more midrange punch ;)
Engine wise, easiest, and probably best bang per £ is a set of hi-comp pistons. After that, the 944 kit Keefy mentions works well. Allow for some carb setting work. Dyno would be the best route.
As with everything, your budget will dictate what you get. You can go to 100bhp if your wallet will stand it :)

phil_h 18-Nov-2006 18:04

I wonder if you have a small valve engine Jon ?
Have a read of this
http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/900equal.html

and nip down the road to clutton hill and talk to rich
http://www.louigimoto.co.uk/

Welcome to the board btw, and thank you for asking, I'll have an ice-cold Guinness ;)

lcjohnny 18-Nov-2006 20:20

Big Valve/Small valve

Phil
Thanks for the information. My engine number is ZDM 904A2C*079747 so it looks like it is a small valver, unless it comes after that run. The MotoOne performance Notebook is a great resource thanks. As is the information about Louigi Moto.

Oh well to look on the bright side that stops me wasting money on 41mm Keihins! happy, happy, happy lalalalala:sing:
Looks like the only cost effective tune in the short term is a smaller sprocket and cornering faster!:lol:

Thanks guys

Jon

chicken 18-Nov-2006 20:30

one tooth smaller at the front is the absolute easiest and cheapest thing to do and is surprisingly effective.

Welcome onboard!