Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Bikes For Sale & Wanted (/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Desmo Due Class B for sale (/showthread.php?t=130621)

Threeracers 19-Jul-2012 15:33

Desmo Due Class B - Now SOLD

Desmo Due class B for sale. This is Nog's old bike and based on a 1994 vintage.

Looked after by Ducati Race Support recent belts service. New tyres a couple of days ago and passed its daytime use only MOT on Tuesday (17 July). Ideal for someone who wants to go racing, a low maintenance track day toy or for nice sunny morning breakfast runs.

The bike is in Canterbury and is offered for sale at £1,500. Now SOLD

regards

Mark

07802 535 717

Threeracers 26-Jul-2012 18:01

New owner has unfortunately been refused a licence on medical grounds so this is back up for sale at £1,350. Enquiries to; shaun@blondz.co.uk

regards

Mark

mark 999 30-Jul-2012 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Threeracers
New owner has unfortunately been refused a licence on medical grounds so this is back up for sale at £1,350. Enquiries to; shaun@blondz.co.uk

regards

Mark

E mail sent.

Threeracers 02-Aug-2012 10:54

New owner would take £900 for this

Mark

kiwicoops 02-Aug-2012 19:21

Were there any issues (mirrors , stand, brake light?) to getting a day mot for a standard dd supersport, could be fun on any sunday as you say!

Campo 02-Aug-2012 21:16

Quote:

New owner would take £900 for this

Mark

Any idea whereabouts the new owner lives? I could be interested.

Threeracers 02-Aug-2012 22:20

Dorset but he has a good delivery guy who collected from me in Kent.

Shaun's email is shaun@blondz.co.uk

regards

Mark

Threeracers 02-Aug-2012 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwicoops
Were there any issues (mirrors , stand, brake light?) to getting a day mot for a standard dd supersport, could be fun on any sunday as you say!

It didn't need mirrors or brake lights for the MOT and the minimum they insisted upon is a legal number plate, a reflector (seems daft if its for daytime use but those are the rules!) and an electrically operated horn.

The reflector fell off on the way home.......

Mark

Campo 02-Aug-2012 23:28

Quote:

Dorset but he has a good delivery guy who collected from me in Kent.

Shaun's email is shaun@blondz.co.uk

regards

Mark

Thanks mark

kiwicoops 03-Aug-2012 18:01

Quote:

It didn't need mirrors or brake lights for the MOT and the minimum they insisted upon is a legal number plate, a reflector (seems daft if its for daytime use but those are the rules!) and an electrically operated horn

Seems odd considering how piccy mot guys can be? Can I ask who the insurance was with, or did you not get that far?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power". Abraham Lincoln ...53 horse power should do it

firestorm 03-Aug-2012 19:07

Quote:

Seems odd considering how piccy mot guys can be? Can I ask who the insurance was with, or did you not get that far?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power". Abraham Lincoln ...53 horse power should do it

that wont have 53 horses

kiwicoops 03-Aug-2012 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by firestorm
that wont have 53 horses

Looks like it might!

bradders 03-Aug-2012 20:39

Cant see why not, nog wont have spared the rod ;)

Threeracers 04-Aug-2012 09:56

Quote:

MOT man said that if it isnt present it cannot be tested and therefore cannot fail on the item. He insisted that the plate/reflector/horn had to be there and the horn couldnt be the old fashioned plastic air bulb squeezy job (not sure what the correct term for those is!) it had to be electrically operated.

MOT is stamped with an advisory;

001 No lights fitted at time of test
002 Daytime use only

So if you got caught out late in the evening or I suppose a foggy day you would get nicked.

Insurance was through Carole Nash and as it was modified they only had one company who would look at it but I forget which. It was £200'ish per year (48, no points, no accidents). I had limited mileage but with no speedo I dont know how they expected to verify that!

Strangley I never got pulled over on it. Often plod would slow down and take a look but usually with a big grin as they went past. I suppose they thought nobody would risk riding something so obvioulsy nickable without tax/mot/insurance being airtight!

Mark

badgerpilot 04-Aug-2012 14:41

Same here, plate, reflector and electric horn, I got insured through Bennets for £140. Fairing mods and non performance enhancing exhaust was all I had to declare.

kiwicoops 05-Aug-2012 14:46

I thought you needed a working brake light, but with only horn, plate, and refector you could ride to the track with a full tank of gas, lean it against the wall, race, and ride home. Be like 1970's, or was that 1920's?