Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Transponders (/showthread.php?t=13406)

multi600 21-Jan-2005 14:26

Transponders

We have to buy and fit transponders to the bikes. I believe these are quite exspensive? Is there any plan to buy as a group to keep the cost down? Is there any particular make or model to get.

skidlids 21-Jan-2005 19:26

Luckily I already have one and my spare is missing in action on the Isle of Man, submerged in a Peat Bog known as the Black Dub.
when I loaned mine out to a Irish lad for the Manx GP I found myself entering a race with New Era and having to rent one, £10 for the hire and £50 deposit. Mounting Brackets were £5 to buy but mine was already fitted.
So on the morning of race day I handed over £60 and my ACU licence and at the end of the day I returned the transponder and got £50 and my licence back.
May be worth a call to New ERA to see what tis years Policy and pricing is.

Here is the North Glos info on it including suppliers
http://www.ngroadracing.org/Pdf/transponders_nov04.pdf

NBs996 21-Jan-2005 22:46

Already contacted New Era and the DD management about this...

New Era say they have ran out of transponders so will be getting a full stock to start the season so there will be no problems with availability at the meets. They also confirmed the prices Skids mentioned above.

I've tracked down a company flogging the fixed units (i.e. permanantly wire to the bike) for £175, and it's not hard to sell them on for £150 when you're done. One went on ebay recently for £163!!!
If you're planning on buying one then it's the TranX260 you'll be needing.

I'm going to be renting one because I can't be shedding that much money from my budget, even tho I'd get most of it back when the dust settles.