Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Paddock Stands (/showthread.php?t=203)

Lloydy 16-May-2003 15:51

Paddock Stands

Hi,

Me again!! You can tell I am a newbie!! lol :lol:

Could anyone recommend where I can get both paddock stands from?

I have been to a few bike shops and they dont have the single sided rear stands in stock. Is it just a standard front stand I need? One that goes under the forks? (my old one, for the Gixxer, used to slot under the bottom yoke).

Many thanks again

Mark

nelly 16-May-2003 16:08

Yep, agree with Weeksy. Get a rear one that has the spindle mounted in bearings. The fixed ones can lead to the wheel "walking" off when the wheel is turning.
As for the front, make sure your bottom yoke has a hole in it first. Some haven't.
If it hasn't then the under fork type are the only ones you can use.
A very good alternative worth considering is the Abba stand. It lifts the bike at the swingarm pivot and allows far more access to the rear end.
You can get the front up to using a block and jack under the motor or tying the rear end down to something heavy.

Felix 16-May-2003 16:39

There is a stand that grabs the bottom yoke even if it doesn't have the hole in it. Have a look here:
http://www.fgspecialparts.it/
These are the folks who produce the Ducati branded stands as well.

Agree with Nelly, the Abba stand is great when doing maintenance or repair work. The rear stand is great for lubing the chain. Get both!

BOLT 16-May-2003 16:46

M&P also do reasonably priced single sided stands - usually a few days for delivery...

Desmondo 16-May-2003 18:27

I got the front and rear stands from Harris. Not particularly cheap but look the mutts IMO.

skidlids 16-May-2003 23:58

J&S Accessories do a decent rear stand complete with rotating spindle, it has a removeable handle that is used to give leverage for getting the rear wheel off the ground and then can be placed in the 2nd position to stop the wheel rotating when removing or fitting the rear wheel. I think they are around £59

KeefyB 18-May-2003 05:51

Hey Lloydy,
There are heaps of them for sale at the BMF show.Just a few miles up the A1 frm you.;)

Mr Nick 18-May-2003 19:35

I've got a pair of Abba front and rear stands which I have successfully used on a GSXR 600, ZX9R and SV650S. The rear is good for my 748 but the front won't lift. It appears that the centre of gravity is a bit further forward than my previous bikes 'cos when I try to use the front lifter, the rear stand lifts, with the front still firmly on the ground.

Went to Riossi a couple of weeks ago and picked up an under-fork front stand for £24.99 and it does the job just fine.