Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   "Suicide" Sidestand (/showthread.php?t=27113)

david.hicks 15-Feb-2006 16:32

\"Suicide\" Sidestand

Anyone know if there is an easy fix/replacement for the "suicide" sidestand on my 996 SPS? I only got it in January and I wouldn't like to bet on it getting through the year without me dropping it - I really would feel better with a "normal" sidestand that stays put when I put it down.

weeksy2 15-Feb-2006 16:34

yup LouigiMoto and Cornerspeed will both supply and fit the kit for not a lot of cash.

david.hicks 15-Feb-2006 16:39

Thanks. Wish I'd thought and asked about it sooner - my bike was up at Louigi Moto for a service just a few weeks ago!

antonye 15-Feb-2006 17:02

I think it's just a different bolt which you need, but give Louigi a call as he should know.

DC 15-Feb-2006 18:05

Wouldnt mind getting this mod for mine really. Although I am used to the flip up side stand now.
When I use my other bike, I remember what its like for a stand to stay down until "I" flick it up.;)

MJS 15-Feb-2006 18:06

I actually quite like the flip up sidestand, find it quite strange riding a bike without it now... mind you, does make it hard getting off the paddock stand single handed!

nelly 15-Feb-2006 18:41

All you need is the plate and nut off the later sidestands, the ones with the switch. Change them for the originals and you're sorted. Costs about a fiver and takes 10 minutes to do.

bolds 15-Feb-2006 19:26

By suicide stand do you mean the modded one that stays down and flips you off the first left hander you come to:(

Seen it twice before including my mate on his 916 a couple of years ago and knackered his hip and does'nt ride any more and a shop that had a virtually new 996sps that someone took for a test ride with the same results....so not something i would do...best way to cope with the standard setup is get off the bike before trying to put it on the stand

david.hicks 15-Feb-2006 21:20

Quote:

Originally posted by bolds
By suicide stand do you mean the modded one that stays down and flips you off the first left hander you come to:(

I guess I'd want the engine to be killed automatically if you try to pull away with the sidestand down .... is there a fix for that?

Col996s 15-Feb-2006 21:53

Yes there is. You can wire it in with the netrual switch. There are kits you can buy to do this. Look on ebay and you should find.