Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Best place for Diablos in North West? (/showthread.php?t=24610)

Twinfan 01-Dec-2005 14:09

Best place for Diablos in North West?

I've decided I've had enough of the OE Michelin Pilot Sports on my 749S, I liked Diablos on my previous RSV and they're raved about on 749/999s too. The Michelins seen to take ages to warm up and I don't quite get that "feel" from them.

I'm based in Manchester, so where's the best place for a ride in/ride out deal on a pair of Diablos?

JPM 01-Dec-2005 14:16

Try Tony Salt (He will try and sell you Michelin's first though) in Risley, Warrington

SMD Tyres in Leigh

Twinfan 01-Dec-2005 14:25

Cheers JPM. I've used TST before, so I may well go there again. Just wondered if there was anywhere cheaper as I think they'll be £220+ like they were last time. As you say, he's a Michelin man so Pirellis aren't cheap there.

MARTIN H 01-Dec-2005 14:54

Used to get mine at Lowthers in Brierfield near Burnley but hes just closed down! One of the lads that used to work there has set up and called himself Pendle Motorcycles. Just had a rear Diablo fitted for £100 all in which I didnt think too bad. I think he would do a ride in ride out service but you would need to speak with him. It may be too far you though?

http://www.pendlemotorcycles.co.uk/home.htm

BDG 01-Dec-2005 15:33

National Tyres on Chester Road, just off the Mancunian way in Manchester city centre are pretty good. Ask for Danny or Darren.

Or Sharples Tyres in Bolton are another option in addition to SMD and TST.

Webcore 01-Dec-2005 17:02

on ebay - do a user search for roundandblack or cheapbiketyres I've been seeing diablos and supercorsas for around 160 to 170 a pair - then pay a local fitter - should still work out cheaper than most tyre shops

Ains. 01-Dec-2005 17:04

Quote:

Originally posted by BDG
Sharples Tyres in Bolton

Nope, wouldn't bother with these men, at least one of them in there can't balance a tyre worth his life, and under HSE rules you are not allowed to stand and watch your tyre being fitted.
B*ll*x deary, what are you trying to hide? :flame:
And they won't fit a size other than in the book. The SO4S is better and quicker turning on with a 170 on the back, will they fit it? No they bl**dy well won't, even though I said I would sign a document saying no blame on you!

SMD in Leigh every time. Race proven which says everything I want to know.

Ains.

[Edited on 1-12-2005 by Ains.]

guest1 01-Dec-2005 17:59

SMD in leigh

good pie shops close by as well.

Chaz 01-Dec-2005 20:30

Try these people they are trade but a mate of mine blagged them & got agreat deal Camrian tyres aberystwyth 01970 624004.

mark749s 03-Dec-2005 01:05

i bought a tyre deal from M&P swansea Pirelli diablo corsa £183 delivered
get the local shoptyre place to fit

Mark