Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Snowy Denmark (/showthread.php?t=81280)

chris.p 17-Dec-2009 19:22

Snowy Denmark

After my brothers call for help I flew out of Stansted on the 12.05 flight that was 20 mins late, no suprise there.
Arrived in Billund at 15.55 local time, 4 inches of snow and -5 degrees:( , Pauls comment was "Mmm not much snow here" spent the next hour and a half driving through Denmark as the snow got deeper & deeper.
Stopped off for a McDonalds for tea, yes the same **** as we get in the UK, now off the motorway the roads are a few inches of ice under the snow, but as they have to use winter tyres by law there is a fair bit of grip, seen a few lorries stuck and a few cars in ditches but the traffic flows at a good pace.
eventualy arrive at Pauls.
A change of clothes and straight into the back of the van to attach the bike anchor points, ready for getting his Baylis rep from his local dealers tomorrow, most of his gear is packed so a trip to the recycling & tip trip tomorrow to get rid of any rubbish and it will be time to pack the van and trailer.
Temperature now dropping sharply, should peak at -11 over night and steady to -5 tomorrow during the day, :(
Time to put our feet up and enjoy a few beers now:D

Chris:burn:

Bionicle 17-Dec-2009 19:39

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
Time to put our feet up and enjoy a few beers now:D
Chris

Who said i was letting you put your feet up, i want you out there shoveling the snow so we can get out in the morning :)

Bionicle 17-Dec-2009 19:41

3 Attachment(s)
A few more :)

antonye 17-Dec-2009 19:53

LOL! Make sure you keep him busy with all that path clearing!

Bionicle 17-Dec-2009 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye

Be sure i will M8, then there is the van to load up ready for catching the ferry back on Saturday for my move back to the UK :)

chris.p 17-Dec-2009 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye

Thanks Antonye, did not notice you offering to help:frog:

Chris:burn:

skidlids 18-Dec-2009 12:20

either you have good loft insulation Paul or maybe no heating

Bionicle 18-Dec-2009 15:54

Its supposed to get down to -10 tonight so heating is on full :)
Friday
Cloudy with a little snow. Maximum day temperatures around minus 2 degrees Celsius, minimum night temperatures around minus 10 degrees Celsius. Up to fresh wind.

But for next week its forcast snow for everyday, thank god i leave tomorrow :)

so it must be good insulation Kev.

smilo006 18-Dec-2009 17:02

Given the climate change conference in cph this week, you would have thought him upstairs would have pulled something special out of the box wouldn't you. Like sunny and 20 degrees just to make the point. Seems however that a number of prtrol stations have run low on fuel during the conference. Somewhat Ironic.

Nice bike though. Can't you fit ice tyres?

antonye 18-Dec-2009 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
Thanks Antonye, did not notice you offering to help:frog:

You only needed to have asked boys!