Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DSC Website - Help and Notices (/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Newbie question (/showthread.php?t=283874)

DaveJ 18-Feb-2014 19:05

Newbie question

Apologies if I've posted in the wrong area of the forum, I did have a look around for a tech area.
How long do I have to wait or is it a number of posts I have to make before I can reply to a post in the private 'for sale' section?
I only joined the forum earlier today but something has caught my eye in the'for sales' but I'm unable to reply.

Thanks,
Dave

Ghost 18-Feb-2014 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveJ
Apologies if I've posted in the wrong area of the forum, I did have a look around for a tech area.
How long do I have to wait or is it a number of posts I have to make before I can reply to a post in the private 'for sale' section?
I only joined the forum earlier today but something has caught my eye in the'for sales' but I'm unable to reply.

Thanks,
Dave

I'm not sure but send a pm to Antonye he will address your problem.

DaveJ 18-Feb-2014 22:06

Thanks Ghost, I'll do that, cheers for the reply.

Iconic944ss 18-Feb-2014 23:12

Hi there DaveJ.

Pretty sure the answer lies in the forum section overview page:

"Users of this website can place private adverts free of charge once they have been registered for at least 14 days"

I imagine this applies to replies as well.

If there is a specific item you wish to enquire about / buy, then just drop Antonye or the site team a line and I'm sure this can be looked at.

Regards - Frank

DaveJ 18-Feb-2014 23:28

Thanks for the reply Frank, appreciate that.
The text that comes up when I try and reply is:

DaveJ, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Maybe it's No2 as I'm not trying to do anything as described under No1.

Iconic944ss 19-Feb-2014 08:41

Hi Dave,

After having a good look, there is a 14 day timer applied to new registrations.

You will be able to post in the 'For Sale' section from the 4th March.

I'm not sure but you should be able to send a Personal Message (PM) to the original poster of which advert you are interested in, simply click on the underlined BOLD text next to their avatar and you will get options for PM or possibly Email, if the user has elected to show that.

Hope this helps.

Regards - Frank

antonye 19-Feb-2014 09:34

I've just replied to your PM Dave, but basically there's a 14 day time limit on all new registrations from posting in the For Sale section. This was put in place to stop people (mainly spammers!) from joining and posting items in the for sale section without taking part in the forum.

As Frank says, if you want to get in contact with someone who is selling, you can still use the PM functions to do this. Just click their name and use the Personal Message function to contact them.

DaveJ 19-Feb-2014 21:24

Thanks Frank and Antony for your replies, I have PM'd and had a reply so I know that works!