Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Racing is Racing - Racing is fun (/showthread.php?t=256031)

mat2hew 01-Oct-2013 19:48

Racing is Racing - Racing is fun

Racing is racing and we are still racing on the weekend, thanks to the people at Pembrey and the people at Hottrax.

I'd much prefer to be racing at anywhere than sitting at home waiting until next year, winters are so long already.

I have to say that I had a brilliant weekend there in August and was a bit saddened that it would probably be the last time we would race at Pembrey.

I was sad and pretty cross, and really angry with the people who have made such a fuss and caused one of the great places in British Motorsport heratige to close, but In August I thought we would never see Pembrey again, I was wrong. Although we may never see Pembrey again, again, we may well be at Mallory in the future.....

But most important of all is RACING IS RACING - RACING IS FUN! what difference (apart from the journey) does it make where we are?

so a big Thank You to all the people who made it possible.

Matt 'awesome' Lawson - The Great #72

banger san 01-Oct-2013 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mat2hew
Racing is racing and we are still racing on the weekend, thanks to the people at Pembrey and the people at Hottrax.

I'd much prefer to be racing at anywhere than sitting at home waiting until next year, winters are so long already.

But most important of all is RACING IS RACING - RACING IS FUN! what difference (apart from the journey) does it make where we are?

Totally agree Matt, was gutted last night, happy tonight :)

bally71 01-Oct-2013 22:17

Just learning the circuit on the ghost cam

Bimjob 01-Oct-2013 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by banger san
Totally agree Matt, was gutted last night, happy tonight :)

We all love racing and I'm made up that everyone got us a race back on. At the end of the day no one at hottrax knew this was going to happen. I do feel gutted for all who've lost money but the people to be angry at is surely the landlords of mallory that wouldn't set the rent at a sustainable rate. It must have been obvious to them that the place would go belly up

milesaway 01-Oct-2013 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimjob
the people to be angry at is surely the landlords of mallory that wouldn't set the rent at a sustainable rate. It must have been obvious to them that the place would go belly up

maybe they can sell it now to someone who'll build a lovely shopping mall or tesco cos we bit short of them

skidlids 01-Oct-2013 23:21

Great sentiments Matt and Jim

Hottrax have made the best of a bad lot

Any change this late in the day was going to upset someone

I have read elsewhere on the net about Pembrey not being a suitable replacement, makes me wonder what would be, Cadwell in November maybe, with the clocks having changed by then trying to fit everything in would be harder.
So Saturday I will find myself driving an extra 80 miles and having to pay that extortionate £13.40 toll for crossing the bridge into Wales and be thankful that the season still has a race day to go

mark 999 02-Oct-2013 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by bally71
Just learning the circuit on the ghost cam

Straight on at Hatchetts !:lol:

bally71 02-Oct-2013 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark 999

:lol:

mat2hew 02-Oct-2013 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark 999

or like me in 2010 straight 'off' at Hatchetts! :eek:

dunlop0_1 02-Oct-2013 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mat2hew

I have to say that I had a brilliant weekend there in August and was a bit saddened that it would probably be the last time we would race at Pembrey.

I was sad and pretty cross, and really angry with the people who have made such a fuss and caused one of the great places in British Motorsport heratige to close, but In August I thought we would never see Pembrey again, I was wrong. Although we may never see Pembrey again, again, we may well be at Mallory in the future.....

You know Matt, if everyone was as chilled as you mate the world would be a better place. :)