Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Single seat info please (/showthread.php?t=78410)

superfly 02-Feb-2009 11:31

Single seat info please

Does the single seat that ricambi weisse fit straight on to my strada,or does it need modding,or do i need to change the rear subframe.I also see qb carbon do a gel coated one would i have the same issues.

ace 02-Feb-2009 15:00

is it a mono strada ? if so i would say yes if its the same shape 851/888 if its a bip strada get the hacksaw and welder out !!!

spike

ace 02-Feb-2009 15:20

3 Attachment(s)
right these are the subframes . the alloy ones are left sp3 right sp4 and i,m asuming youve got one , if its a bip like the one on the bike ( black) it wouldnt take much to make it fit looking at em side by side

spike

paynep 02-Feb-2009 20:22

You can make the Ricambi or QB units fit a 888 strada subframe - I did it in my racebike!
I ditched the grabhandles and cut off the sticky-up posts that locate the strada rear seat panels.
I also had to make up small brackets to allow me to mount onto the oe wellnuts on the bottom rail near the exhaust hangers.
I also used a couple of bits of pipe lagging in strategic locations to keep everything in place.
I was going to do the same thing on my '92 851 strada but find the underseat storage area more useful than looking like an SP.....

Paul

Douglas851 05-Feb-2009 18:03

I have fitted a QB seat to my 888 Strada. All it needed was a bit filed off the front bracket supporting the locating pegs, to allow the seat unit to sit lower. A bit of black paint and you could not tell it had been modified.
More difficult was cutting the seat unit so I could keep the original frame mounted seat pad.

Nattyboy 09-Feb-2009 13:53

QB one here too. I took a few pics while I was modding it if you want them as a reference

superfly 10-Feb-2009 09:19

That would be great if you could nattyboy,did you use the carbon one or the colour impregnated grp one?If it is a grp one is the colour a good match for the rest of the bodywork?Qb are only a couple of miles from me so i will be getting one from them.

Nattyboy 10-Feb-2009 09:52

1 Attachment(s)
Colour GRP - avoid white in case of chips etc.

Have a word with Ian the owner and ask for a cash deal ;>)

PM your e-mail and i'll send over the pics I have. I may also have some pics from another owner that were sent to me before I started.

There is quite a buit of prep work, smoothing seams, cutting out for the light recess, sanding out runs etc, but with a little time and care the result is worth it. I have a supply of the proper ducati number 1's too if you need them (satin finish) which go on unlaquered after the seat is finsihed...Heres a pic of mine done..(best I could find showing the seat!)