Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Another new boy (old git) (/showthread.php?t=135370)

Monster966 08-Aug-2012 17:36

Another new boy (old git)

Hello all

Been a long time DOC & UKMOC member, but strangely not come across you before. Had loads of bikes over the years, but the only one I've ever kept long term is my 900 Monster which I bought in '97 when it was just 500 miles old. There's not much of the original bike left, frame, swing arm & a few small bits. The rest of it is all carbon, ex 888 race wheels, 900ss engine & forks, Nitron shock, flat slides etc. I've done loads of track days on it, used it as my only transport for a couple of years, basically love it to bits, what a sad old duffer :D

I've been through the fast jap bike thing ending up with a gsxr1000, which was amazing, but once you've had it flat out & done a very tiring track day on it, just becomes a liability. That was the last other bike I had until a couple months ago when I got all nostalgic & decided to by a project GPz750 Turbo. I'm nearly ready to take for an mot, then I'll ride it about a bit to make sure the motor & box are ok before pulling it apart to stick all the YZF750R running gear I accidentally bought on it.

Any road up I'm of for a gander round here.

Steve

skidlids 08-Aug-2012 22:14

Monster looks sweet and very functional. Our region did ride over to the UKMOCs weekender a couple of months ago to catch up with Slob and a few of the others.
Got a mate around the coner who has just replaced his 900SS with a 748 but also has two GPZ750 Turbos in the garage, one stock and the one with the wider wheels and fork conversion, which at one point I owned but it only had the wheel and the paint job then and not the other stuff such as differnt turbo and played with injection system

Monster966 08-Aug-2012 22:36

Cheers, functional is how I like it :cool: I've never manged to get to the ukmoc weekender, always been away or doing something else. One year maybe.

I never had a turbo before, just always thought it'd be a laugh. Sort of had a go on one a few weeks ago, one of my mates has got a z650 with a turbo motor & zzr600 wheels/brakes/forks & I reckon I'm right, it will be a laugh. Got to do the modern suspenders & wheels though, so much more fun if it stops as well as it goes. My main thing about it though is the 2 valve air-cooled thing I love 'em.

skidlids 08-Aug-2012 22:48

Years ago i did a Z650 with a Zephyer Arm and ZZR600 Wheels, brakes etc. Can't recall which forks other than they were probably 41mm. In the Z1000 I did I used FZR1000 forks and Wheels, was all good fun. then I discoverd Ducatis and this site in 2002 and have been tinkering with mainly Ducatis ever since