Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Numpty brake line question ??? (/showthread.php?t=28528)

Jools 23-Mar-2006 16:40

Numpty brake line question ???

I want to fit some better brakes to my T8 in the next few days. I've got the uprated master cylinders and I've lovely Brembo billet calipers to go on - but I don't know about the hoses.

The bike has currently got twin Goodridge braided hoses running from a double banjo at the M/C end to the standard calipers.

The M/C end is no problem because I'm replacing that with an ST4S unit - almost identical to standard but bigger bore and pumps more fluid.

However, I can't remember the hose fitment at the standard calliper end. Straight? 10 degree? 90 degree? I can't look at the bike because it's in Fordie's garage 10 miles away and I haven't got any photos of the bike that show the lines clearly enough.

The billet callipers look as if they'll need 90 degree ones, so with a bit of luck if the standard ones do too, then I can just use the same hoses, otherwise I'll have to get some more made up.

yellow916 23-Mar-2006 16:51

Jools - can't help with your specific question, but I'd advise against alloy fittings. As well as looking a bit "naff" (IMHO) they might cause you some grief at MOT time (I was told last test they're not for road use, and tend to corrode...). I plan to change mine for stainless.

Andrew

nelly 23-Mar-2006 17:16

I think the stock hoses have a 90 degree banjo Jools.

Jasper 23-Mar-2006 18:15

these are my billetts.

aka.eric 23-Mar-2006 21:12

Standard Caliper.Difference looks like position of bleed screw.

aka.eric 23-Mar-2006 21:58

Pic of 888 fitted with billets,where the fluid line and bleed screw have been swapped over,to use the original lines.Problem is its a bitmap pic,cant post it.

nelly 23-Mar-2006 22:57

I think the banjo and bleed are the same thread. Might make fitting a little easier ;)

Rob B 24-Mar-2006 09:20

Goodridge have the pattern for my hoses nut I have a Brembo M/C. if 100% honest, I am still not heppy with the installation and will be riding down to exeter at some point so they can meke me up some that are spot on.

Rgds, Rob

sparkin 24-Mar-2006 09:57

Nelly`s right Jools,the threads are the same.I`d personally do it the way Jasper has,direct into the caliper,it looks cleaner and is in keeping with the "era"
All you do is swap the bleed nipple around,I`d defo run twin lines, looks cooler and more symetrical.
I quite like the blue anodised fittings(like Natty`s and as per race bikes of the time)but if not the black like Jasper`s if you`re not confident enough to we bright colours:lol:

You will find the billets work really well Bendix pads from Nelly and cast iron floaters;):D

Rob B 24-Mar-2006 12:13

Jasper's pic shows the standard position for the bleed nipples and hoses.