Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   my cadwell report (/showthread.php?t=20084)

Glyn 26-Jul-2005 13:03

my cadwell report

Cadwell
Great day out eventually
Left Northampton in the rain. Not worried as I was Fully kitted up in all me wet weathers, none of which have ever let me down before apart from a small leak on the toe of the left boot.
Now it’s only about 110miles for me so estimated about 2 1/2 hour journey with the misses and kids in the car. After the first 10 miles I knew the weather had already won the battle and both gloves had given up their waterproof ness my boots might as well have been flip flops and I could feel a unpleasant dampness starting around the groin area. After 2 hours had elapsed I was a drowned rat, I could hardly ride the damn bike I was shaking so much, every time I tried to brake I was having to look down to see if id got my fingers on the lever.
Once we arrived I soon found mark wheelspin in the bar, got a change of clothes and had a couple of kronenburgs and I was happy as Larry again.
Got the tent set up, got the Barbie going and then got a little drunk, I was happy as Larry’s mate happy Larry.
Got up in the morning and after a bit of breakie my spirits started to take a right dive straight past Larry and his mate, mainly due to the fact that it was still pi$$ing it down and I had no dry cloths left and the thought of doing a wet track day and riding home in wet leathers was a bit too much to take. Was all for giving it a miss and heading home there and then (what a pussy). Went and signed on in order to get the free t-shirt, went too the briefing and by then the rain had stopped.
Went out first session, first time in fast quite worried about being a rolling road block but no problems in the wet a few little wriggles but generally I was up at pace with the fast boys, even passed a couple, apart from fordie who went past me like a train (rain god)
Left it a couple of sessions after that and went out again before lunch and I was terrible, that tense on the bike I was cramping up all over the place, think I was a bit nervous about being out with the fast boys for the first time. Next session after lunch much the same.
Then it all started to come together and started feeling good the bends were starting to flow together nicely, got a couple of nice passes in and was getting held up by some of the quicker bikes, I don’t know what’s wrong with my st2 but I was staying with much faster bikes down the straights and taking them out of the bends.
Last but one session was one of the best rides ever, felt so good I wont ever forget the thrill of getting about half a lap as near to damn perfect as I’ll probably ever get. After the mountain charged into the trees knee down, into hairpin knee down, that bend after that I hate knee down a quick blast down the straight in to the uphill left hander at full tilt dragging knee all the way. Grrrrrrrrrrrreat. The rest of the lap weren’t to bad either but that first bit will stay with me.
(Sorry I can’t ever remember corner names)
Last session managed to stay with fil2 for about 4 laps and really enjoyed following him and a few other dd’ers around for a while till they lost me in traffic.
Biggest downer of the day was getting back from that last session feeling on top of the world and finding out mark wheelspin had been taken off track in the ambulance, waited a while still no sign of him or the bike, went and packed up the tent and stuff and by the time we came back mark is sitting in a chair one hand bandaged the other firmly clasped around a Stella, sorted.
Great day out
Can’t wait to do it all again

Fordie 26-Jul-2005 17:31

Was indeed a good one Glyn. Glad we stuck with it It wont get much better than that mate, unless Im in front of cause, you roadblock :lol: :lol:
4D

everton 26-Jul-2005 17:40

Quote:

Originally posted by Fordie
Was indeed a good one Glyn. Glad we stuck with it It wont get much better than that mate, unless Im in front of cause, you roadblock :lol: :lol:
4D

The only downer was that gay blue bikers T shirt 4D - bin it :P:lol:

Fordie 26-Jul-2005 18:01

[/qoute]
The only downer was that gay blue bikers T shirt 4D - bin it :P:lol: [/quote]

Don't no what you mean Everton the lads in the transport cafe on the A1 liked it Lovey . :lol::lol:

Your right it has to go :lol: 4D

everton 26-Jul-2005 18:07

Quote:

Originally posted by Fordie
[/qoute]
The only downer was that gay blue bikers T shirt 4D - bin it :P:lol:

Don't no what you mean Everton the lads in the transport cafe on the A1 liked it Lovey . :lol::lol:

Your right it has to go :lol: 4D [/quote]

Oh good - can you send it to me then please :D it is very fetching.

Sorry Glyn - smacked wrist - shouldn't hijack your thread. However, it is always good to see you BHC & Norfolk chaps cos you're such a friendly bunch.

Enjoyed your report & glad you had a good time with the quick fella's. I hope Mrs Glyn & the little Glyn's enjoyed their day out too ;)

[Edited on 26-7-2005 by everton]

Glyn 26-Jul-2005 21:45

i'll have you know my threads are queer free zones

get a room;):lol:

sparkin 26-Jul-2005 21:52

Quote:

Originally posted by Glyn

Really:puzzled:

everton 27-Jul-2005 00:11

Quote:

I say he says adopting teapot stance

4D .. I think one of your naughty brethren should get a spank when you next see him - and make sure you're wearing your blue Dolce & Gabbana mincing shirt :o

sparkin 27-Jul-2005 00:13

Quote:

Originally posted by everton
Quote:

I say he says adopting teapot stance

4D .. I think one of your naughty brethren should get a spank when you next see him - and make sure you're wearing your blue Dolce & Gabbana mincing shirt :o

and the rubber gloves;)

I`ll get me coat

Fordie 27-Jul-2005 01:13

"Your'e all awful
but I like you" 4D