Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Tt 2013 (/showthread.php?t=212644)

skidlids 31-May-2013 22:49

Tt 2013

Just been looking at todays lap times for the 600 Supersport and thinking how well Adrian did with my Proddy R6 ten years ago in 2003 even more impressive when you consider how the track has been made faster since then with a few minor changes

my 2003 report
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ight=Junior+TT

Ghost 31-May-2013 23:43

Minor changes!! Brandish opened out so its flat in 5/6th, Straighten the circuit much more we will be seeing 170mph laps. ;)

skidlids 01-Jun-2013 00:23

By Minor Phil I was thinking along the lines of small sections out of 37 mile plus course, but those minor changes do have a big effect on lap times/speeds

Ray 07-Jun-2013 19:53

Super close racing and great coverage on ITV 4.

Been over three times for the TT, a must do for anyone.

Ray

Col996s 08-Jun-2013 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray

It really has been good.
Great coverage on Manx radio also.

bally71 18-Jun-2013 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray

Been over three times for the TT, a must do for anyone.

Ray

Great coverage????

One of the most spectacular annual events and you get half an hour of waffle and a snapshot of the races .. yet the tv peeps can dedicate entire days to second rate events .. cricket (yawn), golf (yaaaaawn), tennis (yaaawwwwnnn) .. don't make me laugh

don't get me wrong I appreciate it's on the tv at all .. but the day of the senior ITV had total blanket coverage of a tennis tournament in france .. every last second of it .. about 6 hours worth!!!! everything from the players walking out to the ball boys picking their noses

Ray 21-Jun-2013 00:25

It wasn't that long ago that the TT got Zero TV coverage.

Yes compared to some other sports you could say it's Pi55 poor but I think you'll find that for motorcyle road racing no other event gets anywhere near the time, quality or depth of coverage.

It was worth watching every night IMHO.

I think ITV4 are also going to cover the Classic TT this year. Not doubt that coverage won't be worth watching either then:rolleyes:

Ray.

yendor 21-Jun-2013 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by bally71
Great coverage????

One of the most spectacular annual events and you get half an hour of waffle and a snapshot of the races .. yet the tv peeps can dedicate entire days to second rate events .. cricket (yawn), golf (yaaaaawn), tennis (yaaawwwwnnn) .. don't make me laugh

don't get me wrong I appreciate it's on the tv at all .. but the day of the senior ITV had total blanket coverage of a tennis tournament in france .. every last second of it .. about 6 hours worth!!!! everything from the players walking out to the ball boys picking their noses

The coverage was the next best thing to have been there,if that is not to your satisfaction get off your BUTT and go and support them, ITS FREE. TRY AND GET A TICKET FOR THE TENNIS FOR NOTHING.

bally71 21-Jun-2013 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray
It wasn't that long ago that the TT got Zero TV coverage.

Yes compared to some other sports you could say it's Pi55 poor but I think you'll find that for motorcyle road racing no other event gets anywhere near the time, quality or depth of coverage.

It was worth watching every night IMHO.

I think ITV4 are also going to cover the Classic TT this year. Not doubt that coverage won't be worth watching either then:rolleyes:

Ray.

like i said Ray .. I appreciate it's even on tv at all .. And i lapped up every minute of it

it just gauls me that it does get so little coverage .. And i don't even see what the problem is for the tv peeps .. the cameras are there so why not show the races in full

and yep if they film the classic i'll be glued to that too :D

bally71 21-Jun-2013 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by yendor
The coverage was the next best thing to have been there,if that is not to your satisfaction get off your BUTT and go and support them, ITS FREE. TRY AND GET A TICKET FOR THE TENNIS FOR NOTHING.

Did you even read what I wrote before you put that little gem together :lol: