Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Technical - Help or Info - NON Motorcycle (/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Canon MG series printer (/showthread.php?t=279204)

boski69 26-Jan-2014 16:33

Canon MG series printer

Hi all,

anyone successfully connected one of these things to their PC via a wireless router?, I've been at it for 3 days now and I am losing the will to live.
I took it back to Currys on Friday and of course the b*st*rd thing worked OK in the store but I'm having no luck at all HELP!!!

Regards, Brian.

Jasper 26-Jan-2014 19:45

Which model mate. I had no problem or issues with mine?

boski69 27-Jan-2014 11:44

Hi Jasper, it's a Pixma MG5550.

All the drivers are installed on the PC and the printer is saying that the wireless link to the router is active.

Tried it without the firewall on.

At the end of every setup it searches for available printers then says no printers found.

Any ideas massively appreciated, Brian.

Bionicle 31-Jan-2014 10:13

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consu...nection_Setup/

Does this help ?

boski69 03-Feb-2014 19:43

Yes thanks bionicle, good link, tried everything, no joy.

Jasper 03-Feb-2014 19:51

Strange. Will your PC pick up any other wireless devices? Phone etc?

Has your router a wps button?

boski69 04-Feb-2014 17:51

Yes the router has the WPS button, no problem with that bit I think its the PC where the problem lies. The PC isn't a wireless item, it is connected to the router via a Cat 5e cable.
But unless the printer is connected to the PC via USB I get the message "printer offline" or "printer could not be detected"
Like I say all the latest drivers are installed and the printer is set as the default one (all previous ones uninstalled)
I am seriously thinking of grtting someone in to sort this as Currys don't want to know, but surely it shouldn't be this difficult.

Cheers, Brian.

Jasper 04-Feb-2014 21:55

Strange.

Bionicle 05-Feb-2014 10:39

You could try buying a USB Adaptor WiFi Dongle plugging it into your PC and see if the printer can then be detected.