Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Another SP4 joins the DSC......... (/showthread.php?t=37450)

gary-g 11-Oct-2006 13:49

Another SP4 joins the DSC.........

After selling the 996 in May, i had been looking for a more interesting to come along.

In July, i bought back my mint ZZR1100 that i sold to a mate in 1999, which still only has 13k on the clock and then last saturday, bought an SP4!

Chuffed - you bet :)

The bike is not original as the bodywork looks more like an SP5, with it's white seat unit and white headlight fairing.

Anyway, i reckon it will tidy up ok after being in storage for a couple or years and should be a good winter project.

So, i now need a load of bits, to restore it to original.

I plan to get the body repainted with the correct logos etc, unless anyone has, or knows of an original seat and headlight panel for sale ?

Also needed:

-Standard ally termis, as the bike has carbons, which i am keeping.
-Standard clear screen, although if anyone has a tinted one, i would be interested.
-Rear undertray, as the mudguard seems to have been chopped off.
-Rear light and n/s front indicator lenses.

Does anyone have any of these, or know where i might find them?

Cheers

ps.Thanks to Weeveetwin for answering endless e-mails of SP4 questions before buying.

philthy 11-Oct-2006 14:33

Who's a lucky boy then?:)

If you get stuck then these might do you

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/N-DUCATI-BLINK...QQcmdZViewItem

Iconic944ss 11-Oct-2006 14:45

Well done that man!

If an 888 screen is the same as 93 900ss then I have a nice Zero Gravity screen still waiting to be sold.

Cheers - Frank

TP 11-Oct-2006 14:48

Ooooh!!!

SO jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, very nice toy indeed!

888 dave 11-Oct-2006 23:13

congratulations i also got a sp4 a month ago sure you wont be disapointed......... enjoy ............ dave

Jasper 11-Oct-2006 23:30

Skidmarx still do the screens.You might still be able to get the undertray from JHP.I got one for the SP5.

KeefyB 12-Oct-2006 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
Well done that man!

If an 888 screen is the same as 93 900ss then I have a nice Zero Gravity screen still waiting to be sold.

Cheers - Frank

Nope,nothing like it.888 fairing is way wider.

Rob B 12-Oct-2006 17:51

Indicators from Ducati - dead cheap too

weeveetwin 12-Oct-2006 18:08

Hi Gary

By the sounds of it, your winter D.I.Y jobs are going to be put on the back-burner!

Don't know if you've got a manual for the bike, but here's one if you want to download it. (It's approx. 65MB)

http://www.blackbears.ru/manual/file...ice_Manual.zip

gary-g 12-Oct-2006 21:38

Brilliant!
WVT, you must have read my mind, as a manual was what i forgot to put on my shopping list.

I've got to get stuck into this DIY soon, but i am going to take it round to Alf's and get him to check the engine over, replace the belts and do the valve clearances etc.

Then i'll put it away for the winter whilst i source the other bits and pieces.

Thanks for the leads so far, i'll give JHP a call about the undertray and get the lights ordered from Ducati for starters.

Cheers