Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   help required !!! (/showthread.php?t=18865)

851neil 20-Jun-2005 10:46

help required !!!

well, I've started to re-assemble her and have now got a rolling chassis - yeeeeehah, problems started on Saturday afternoon as the missus came in with a glum face 'got bad news' she says. Now before I tell you what this problem was, I thought I'd be a clever dicky and photograph every single electrical connection before stripping the bike - just so that I would have a nice easy reference putting everything back together again...so you've guessed it she finishes by saying that 'Asda have screwed up your films but they have given you 2 new ones as compensation' my response :o:mad::o:mad:
so I have a rats nest of wiring and not a clue where it should connect to (ok that'a a lie as I remembered some of it) but it's the detail bits I'm struggling with.
Soooo would anybody do me the great favour of popping round to mine one night/weekend for a couple or 3 hours with your bike (would help), or even allow me to visit and photograph the connections ??
Oh I'm in the Sunny North East (Bishop Auckland).
drop me a u2 if you can help out.
cheers

Neil

neil 21-Jun-2005 09:53

Neil,

I can probably pop round, but it would be saturday at the earliest and depending on the weather.....otherwise, you're more than welcome to call round, I'm near Peterlee.
Failing that, I can take some pictures and e-mail them to you if you want?

Let me know

Neil

weeveetwin 21-Jun-2005 14:51

Hi Neil

I'm over your way now and then, so could probably call, but I've planned to 'Raid the Lakes' this weekend, so it couldn't be until after then I'm afraid.

Steve

851neil 22-Jun-2005 14:02

Neil & Steve, thanks for the offers guys - much appreciated.
Neil if I can take you up on the offer of Saturday ?? if that fits with yourself, I know the forecast is for overcast (but not rain as yet !!). I'll drop you a U2 with my contact and 'how to get to' details.
Steve, have a good Lakes raid, Sat forecast is Ok but I see that Sunday is much better !!
cheers

Neil

neil 23-Jun-2005 09:54

No problem Neil, got your V2V does around 9.30-10.00 suit on Saturday?

851neil 23-Jun-2005 10:41

Neil, 9.30 - 10.00 ish on Sat is fine, I'll make sure the kettle's on :D
cheers

Neil

851neil 26-Jun-2005 19:46

many thanks to Neil for popping round on Sat morning - just a pity that on his bike Ducati had gone to multi plug connectors !! never mind we took an educated guess at what went where !!
I'm looking forward to getting the motor back in now, I got the bodywork back which looks great - motobuild in Burscough Lancs, can't recommend Martin highly enough...
I just need to get the rolling chassis down to Ducati John for him to install my, ahem, 851 motor.
cheers

Neil