Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Panigale: V4 / V2 / 1299 / 1199 / 959 / 899 (/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Adjusting for sag on the Panigale (/showthread.php?t=117673)

Stealth 12-Jun-2012 15:44

Adjusting for sag on the Panigale

Now I know that my 1199s is the most supa dupa electronic suspension etc.,

However, having listened to how I can adjust compression and damping I then asked how the sag is set (after all for us old types who ride dirt bikes and sports bikes - we know this is one step toward getting your bike to fit).

Anyway, the very nice Ducati person looked at me somewhat blankly. Now there does look to be preload adjustment rings and common sense would tell me that over and above the electowizardry, you just get your c spanner out.

Can any real experts advise on the right approach???

benF04 13-Jun-2012 08:24

Thats an interesting question and one that I too was pondering.. Anyone any ideas?

nelly 13-Jun-2012 09:27

The electronics sorts the damping, and you're right. It's good old fashioned c spanners for the preload. There's also rideheight on the rear. Forks adjust for preload as per normal Ohlins to.

Stealth 13-Jun-2012 13:57

Thanks Nelly

Confirms what I suspected.

There is a US based 1199 forum where the is a bit of debate about this and other suspension topics.

The 1199 forum is very US in style and approach (diplomatic view!) but has some useful insights too.

nelly 13-Jun-2012 15:09

LOL.....usually tend to over complicate things, think it thru for too long then bugger it up.
Much prefer....pick a spanner up, try it and if it don't work, put it back ;)