Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   F'ing alarm!! (/showthread.php?t=20150)

748IOM 27-Jul-2005 21:22

F\'ing alarm!!

Anyone know how to remove or disable the factory alarm fitted to a 748?

My keyfob decided to not work this evening when I wanted to take it out, thankfully at home!! I stripped the keyfob to see if moving the battery round would enable it to work, it didn't make any difference, then all of a sudden the bloody alarm went off, it wouldn't stop so I disconnected the battery connection to the bike, it carried on going off which means I can only assume it has some form of internal battery??

It has since stopped after annoying the neighbours for a little while.

I live on the Isle of Man and so bike theft isn't quite the same as the UK mainland not that an alarm would really make much of a difference anyway, so does anyone have any instructions of how to remove or disable it??

Thanks

Harv748 27-Jul-2005 21:24

Rip the fooker out...just have my datatool after I missed halve of TA4 because of it playing up.

Not as difficult as I first thought...just follow the wiring through and unsplice everywhere it has been joined to.

Gaz 748 27-Jul-2005 21:32

Remove it :mad: you dont need it :mad:

748IOM 27-Jul-2005 22:00

I know I hate alarms they give me nothing but grief but its a factory fitted one with an immobiliser so its a bit more involved to remove.

Just wanting to know if anyone has removed one to make life easier?

Ian 748 27-Jul-2005 23:01

Perhaps it had gone into sleep mode or some such. My Meta needs the ignition to be turned on and off before the key fob will work in this mode??

748IOM 27-Jul-2005 23:46

Maybe but its never done it before and after the alarm started kicking off I don't want to go near it now its finally shut up. I'd rather rip the thing out, I can just see it giving me more grief than its worth. I already have to carry the fob separately from the ignition key so it doesn't get trapped in the steering damper.

Bungi 28-Jul-2005 21:08

if i remember correctly they are pretty simple to bypass, but it will go off while you carry out the procedure of unplugging bits and disconecting the power source.