Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Cutting out (/showthread.php?t=84287)

custard749 23-Apr-2011 22:59

Cutting out

Can anybody shed any light on this, I have read a few thread on here about starting problems, but my problem is that mine cuts out whilst traveling along (749s 2006) I can be going along at say 70mph and it then just dies, as if the fuel has run out, then a couple of twists on the throttle and off its goes again.
This is a bit worrying as I could be in the outside lane on the motorway.
I also noticed today when overtaking a car, when accelerating hard it reached a certain rev range (about 6000rmp) and it started to hold back and splutter, i then eased back on the throttle and it seamed to run smooth again.

Could this be a fuel issue ????

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ghost 23-Apr-2011 23:09

I would replace the fuel filter as a first option.

custard749 23-Apr-2011 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
I would replace the fuel filter as a first option.

Hi Ghost, this was done at its service end of jan 2011, but yes if feels just like a restriction of fuel. Could it be anything electronic??

Ghost 23-Apr-2011 23:35

Cutting out at 70mph is a real problem, do you notice if the tacho drops suddenly to zero indicating electics. If not then would certainly be looking at fuel delivery.

Mine from cold starts and runs but as soon as I'm on the road for a mile or so the engine feels strangled and will die if I allow the revs to fall below 3k. After a couple of miles its fine.

I can live with mine, but yours does need attention.