Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   749 Brake Judder/Loud Noise (/showthread.php?t=107443)

jangol 13-May-2012 19:52

749 Brake Judder/Loud Noise

Help Please..

On way home earlier, on pulling my front brake, I'm getting a serious vibration & noise...

Any ideas what it could

I ride a 03 749bp 13k miles.. (I've owned since Jan 2012) so not added to many miles yet...

Thanks in advance

KeefyB 14-May-2012 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jangol
Help Please..

On way home earlier, on pulling my front brake, I'm getting a serious vibration & noise...

Any ideas what it could

I ride a 03 749bp 13k miles.. (I've owned since Jan 2012) so not added to many miles yet...

Thanks in advance

Warped disc?
Glazed pads?
Steering head bearings?

jangol 14-May-2012 17:33

Thanks for the info...

Whats Glazed pads?

antonye 14-May-2012 20:57

It's more likely to be brake dust build up in your brake calipers stopping the pistons from moving freely.
If you haven't already, get the calipers off and give them a damn good clean with an old toothbrush and some brake cleaner to get rid of all the crud.

For glazing, check your pads - if there's a rainbow sheen on them then they may be "glazed", but you can put a sheet of fine sand paper on a piece of glass (to ensure it's flat) and lightly take the sheen off. They'll be good as new.

jangol 27-May-2012 20:56

As always, work gets in the way of everything....

Took Front brakes off yesterday & as per your suggestion the 2 pistons RH side & 1 Piston on LH side (as you sit on the bike) had seized.... Took alot of cleaning to bring them back to life.

went for a short ride today & all appears to be fine...

Finger crossed it does the job.

Thanks for the heads up

Regards
JA