Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Aria helmets are they that good ! (/showthread.php?t=25431)

flanagaj 30-Dec-2005 13:33

Aria helmets are they that good !

I went to buy a AGV Pro helmet today. In the sale for £199. I ended up coming away with a £300 Aria instead. The shop guy insisted that Aria helmets were the best by far and they offer much better protection.

Misold or True ?

Thanks

ak47 30-Dec-2005 13:40

I doubt there is much difference in protection, and there probably aren't that many who have had to test the protection of both. But a well fitting helmet is worth so much ....so if it is more comfortable then brilliant.

keefer 30-Dec-2005 13:44

they are top of the tree.
shoie are also very good but the after sale service that aria offer is second to none.
if you see a aria van at a race meet or show you should be able to get your lid serviced for free

NBs996 30-Dec-2005 13:48

In terms of quality and aftersales, you'll not find better than Aria imho.

In terms of protection... does it fit?

There's a bit of discussion here about what might make a good lid:
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm....php?tid=18750

phil_h 30-Dec-2005 14:37

The big issue on fitting is that arai manufacture more different shell sizes than any other company, so they can have less un-needed padding in the helmet just to make it fit.
That means that it stays better fitting longer.
I've had mine race-fitted, and it is the most comfortable fit I've ever had, while seeming to hardly need the strap to keep it on.
That all adds up to less likelihood of your head suddenly twisting inside the helmet in a crash, which should lessen brain damage.

antonye 30-Dec-2005 17:17

My Arai helmets always last more than the recommended 5 years, and they still look like new. £300 over 5 years is not a bad investment, especially when it's your prized noggin at stake!

Brogins 30-Dec-2005 17:57

I used HJC, NOLAN, AGV and now my Corsair is the best lid owned. Reccomended...
The fit is the best thing, the rest I hope to not test it....
Good buy.

Henners 30-Dec-2005 18:46

Always had Arais in the past - Quantums and Astros - finally treated myself to a Corsair in the January sales last year - noisy, suffers from wind buffeting hated it! Bought a Shoei XR-1000 recently which is superbly made, very quiet and has the excellent pinlock anti misting shield included in the price.

Gaz 748 30-Dec-2005 18:46

On my 4th Arai = the best you can get.

Simon Reed 30-Dec-2005 19:15

Q;Ask yourself,How manys heads have you got ?

A;You've made the right choice !