Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   2014 prep (/showthread.php?t=276978)

banger san 09-Jan-2014 20:27

2014 prep

Another hour or so in the shed, slow progress at the moment, good job first race is two months away.

How's everybody else getting on?

skidlids 09-Jan-2014 20:55

Where's the photos Andy
Mine has stalled a bit as I get on with a couple of engine bits and also help Dallas sort his, which is almost finished

Might be 2 months to the first race but i'm going to loose half of that when I head back to Qatar for work and a bit of winter sunshine and warmth, and to get away from all this blooming water

Trumpet 10-Jan-2014 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by banger san
Another hour or so in the shed, slow progress at the moment, good job first race is two months away.

How's everybody else getting on?

All new regs stuff done, shock away for refurb and new spring, just got to get aluminium swing arm welded up to take 996 shock then it's just painting. By the way have we had final confirmation on the tyres?

antonye 10-Jan-2014 00:26

Use: http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/blogs/ ... ;)

banger san 10-Jan-2014 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye

Never blogged, wouldn't know how to.
Never been on twitter, no interest.
Only lurk on facebook.

What's the benefit of using blog rather than forum?

antonye 10-Jan-2014 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by banger san
What's the benefit of using blog rather than forum?

The blog section is a dedicated area which has a lot more scope for editing text, adding pictures, formatting and that kind of thing.

mark 999 10-Jan-2014 10:38

Mild panic stations here !

Off to Cartagena soon, bike drop off is 15th Feb and the bike is in bits !

New tank to fit, airbox junked, battery to relocate, lots of fiddly shite to sort, then belts and valves to sort before it goes on the dyno.

New bodywork to fit.

Wiring looks like left over spaghetti and Kev is getting regular e mails asking which colour wire does what !

All in the hope of losing a bit of weight, but it looks like the only weight loss is me, from worry !

coppersaucepipe 10-Jan-2014 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark 999
Mild panic stations here !

Off to Cartagena soon, bike drop off is 15th Feb and the bike is in bits !

New tank to fit, airbox junked, battery to relocate, lots of fiddly shite to sort, then belts and valves to sort before it goes on the dyno.

New bodywork to fit.

Wiring looks like left over spaghetti and Kev is getting regular e mails asking which colour wire does what !

All in the hope of losing a bit of weight, but it looks like the only weight loss is me, from worry !

15th Feb is ages away, my drop off date is next Saturday.

milesaway 10-Jan-2014 22:04

dyno tomorrow- fingers crossed there's bit more to find in the old girl

milesaway 11-Jan-2014 17:58

spent £150 but lost 1kg of silencer and gained 2hp- so near enough got 50 now- not a bad day's achievement all in all