Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Almeria (/showthread.php?t=13017)

Webcore 09-Jan-2005 15:09

Almeria

Hello All,

Was going to try and get to Cartegena at the end of Feb but work has just sunk that plan:(

I'm looking at Almeria with Track Sense on 4th,5th and 6th of Feb.
Has anyone got any advice and tips for Almeria?

Cheers

Clive

Jon 09-Jan-2005 16:55

Webcore Rattler and myself did Almeria with tracksence just before xmas 2003. We enjoyed that much we went back in April 2004. Very technical circuit, take your time with the first series of bends, by far the best section for me. Don't drink too much on the evening, have a light lunch and don't be in any hurry. You have that much track time, you can afford to chill out.

Watch out for the Spanish on the sat/sun. Some are good and some are awfull. If you are up to speed go in the fast group for the weekend session

Webcore 10-Jan-2005 04:36

Thanks Jon, I didn't realise that the locals got stuck in over the weekend aswell.
Did you stay in the town and drive up?
Is it hard on tyres?
I stayed in a hotel about 2km down the road last year when working there for a couple of days - didn't get a chance to visit the circuit tho'
Sounds good - Thanks for the info
Clive

paulmort 10-Jan-2005 21:06

Webcore
Stay in town, loadsa places for the evening despite the drive each day
The cct is great but when I went last March it P155ed down for 2 1/2 of the three days, mind you that was an exception (I hope for your sake)
Very tekky cct as Jon already said, but have a great time

Im off to Jerez in FOURTEEN DAYS........Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee
rgds
mort

Jon 10-Jan-2005 21:43

Yeah as Mort said, stay in town and travel by car to the circuit each day. That way you can fill up your jerry can at the service station, which is a couple of clicks down the road. Almeria is very abrasive on tyres once you have got the hang of things. The reason we had the locals on the circuit at weekend, was because the event was not that well subscribed to. Only two groups, inters /novice & fast. 1/2 hour on 1/2 hour off.

Webcore 11-Jan-2005 15:43

Thanks for all the advice guys - hope I can make it.
Cheers
Clive