Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Potential owner... (/showthread.php?t=84749)

figaro 25-Aug-2011 14:20

Potential owner...

Hi guys, I've just joined because I'm looking at a 2003 multistrada 1000 this weekend and want to find out as much as I can about potential bargaining points.

The bike I'm looking at has a dicky speedo - some of the lcd bars don't show up on the display. I don't know if this would be an mot failure or not, and even if it's not it will need replacing at some point. Would I have to buy a complete unit or is it repairable with parts? And is this a common fault?

Are there any other points I should be aware of? I've owned Ducatis before, so I'm familiar with the engine, but the model specific parts will be new to me.

And finally, is there any way to make it look a little less...fugly?

Cheers in advance.

dunlop0_1 25-Aug-2011 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by figaro
Hi guys, I've just joined because I'm looking at a 2003 multistrada 1000 this weekend and want to find out as much as I can about potential bargaining points.

The bike I'm looking at has a dicky speedo - some of the lcd bars don't show up on the display. I don't know if this would be an mot failure or not, and even if it's not it will need replacing at some point. Would I have to buy a complete unit or is it repairable with parts? And is this a common fault?

Are there any other points I should be aware of? I've owned Ducatis before, so I'm familiar with the engine, but the model specific parts will be new to me.

And finally, is there any way to make it look a little less...fugly?

Cheers in advance.

Yep buy my 748 instead much prettier. :D

figaro 27-Aug-2011 20:37

Well, I went and did it, and boy am I glad I did. The stats don't read to well for these old 2-valve dukes, but this thing is a riot on the right roads.

A face only a mother could love...

Now, how do you stop the sidestand falling off these thing..?

skidlids 27-Aug-2011 21:00

Didn't realise there was a problem with the sidestands, got a few mates that own or have owned numptystradas and can't recall any having problems with sidestands.
Maybe some loctite is required

figaro 27-Aug-2011 21:13

I had the same problem with my ST2, every now and then the bike would lean over too far, signalling time to tighten up the sidestand bolts again...

bradders 27-Aug-2011 22:46

yeah, they go ok ;)