Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Helmet Dilemma - Arai Race Reps (/showthread.php?t=489328)

antonye 26-Apr-2017 16:47

Helmet Dilemma - Arai Race Reps

I'm due a new helmet...

I've always worn Arai because they fit, are good quality and last long enough. I've tested them on track (like, *really* tested them!) and the after-sales service is second to none; they replaced a chin vent at WDW during a service free of charge without even asking. So I am definitely having another Arai...

My dilemma is that all the paint schemes at the moment are a bit ... dull!

My previous two have been the John Reynolds / Union Flag design because I really liked it. Before that I had a Simon Crafar rep because that too had the Union Flag on it as part of the NZ flag design. Call me patriotic...

But there's nothing in the current range that I like. The nearest thing that looks any good to me is the Arai Chaser V "flag" like this...

This is now discontinued so I'm looking at old stock through ebay or being lucky to find one in store. I've not got a problem with this.

I do like the Lorenzo reps, especially now he's at Ducati, or maybe even a Dovi rep, but I just can't convince myself to move away from Arai.

Am I right? :confused:

Iconic944ss 26-Apr-2017 17:45

gotta be a good DUcati colour:

Chaser-X Tough Red

Dont Ducati themselves also sell Arai helmets?

Iconic944ss 26-Apr-2017 17:49

Its your lucky day!

http://www.ducatiuk.com/news/ducati_...hange/index.do

chris.p 26-Apr-2017 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic944ss

Does that finish date (Dec 2016) still stand or have they extended it??

chris.p 26-Apr-2017 21:24

Buy a plain white version of your choice and have it painted in a rep of your choice, probably will cost less than buying an overpriced Ducati logo'd version.

antonye 27-Apr-2017 16:16

You're not convincing me on the other designs, and I don't want to get £100 off a helmet that's already £300 more because it has "Ducati" on it ;)

I think I'm just going to go with the Chaser V "flag" design...

Tony2 28-Apr-2017 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
I'm due a new helmet...

I've always worn Arai because they fit, are good quality and last long enough. I've tested them on track (like, *really* tested them!) and the after-sales service is second to none; they replaced a chin vent at WDW during a service free of charge without even asking. So I am definitely having another Arai...

My dilemma is that all the paint schemes at the moment are a bit ... dull!

My previous two have been the John Reynolds / Union Flag design because I really liked it. Before that I had a Simon Crafar rep because that too had the Union Flag on it as part of the NZ flag design. Call me patriotic...

But there's nothing in the current range that I like. The nearest thing that looks any good to me is the Arai Chaser V "flag" like this...

This is now discontinued so I'm looking at old stock through ebay or being lucky to find one in store. I've not got a problem with this.

I do like the Lorenzo reps, especially now he's at Ducati, or maybe even a Dovi rep, but I just can't convince myself to move away from Arai.

Am I right? :confused:

It's this for me. Classy..

chris.p 28-Apr-2017 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye

d:

I also have this helmet, bought it from Chris Walkers just over a year ago, thought it apropriate as I was retiring my Chris Walker rep Arai.

antonye 19-May-2017 10:34

2 Attachment(s)
My new helmet has arrived and I'm actually really pleased with it!

Although I've always had Arai, the quality has improved again since my last one (an Astro-R) and justifies the expense, even though I managed to get it for just £249 :D

Already fitted my DSC sticker too! :lol:

Tony2 19-May-2017 12:19

Good choice... and a bargain!