Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Triton Chips (/showthread.php?t=79705)

moozaad 10-Jun-2009 19:50

Triton Chips

Has anyone used one? Ebay Italian Supplier

Is it the equivalent of a FIM 161?

pcn1 15-Jun-2009 18:49

Seems cheap if it deliver's what you would like.
My FIM was £125 IIRC, but that did come with a claimed 6 to 8hp if used with after market pipes.
I would say it was the best money i spent on the bike as it really helped to smooth out the power delivery.
Dont Ducati performance also do a chip ??

moozaad 15-Jun-2009 19:14

Does FIM still exist as I couldn't find any info on it unless it's the federation international motorcycles or whatever it is in french :)

Also did you have to have it setup or was it just drop in? iirc, ST2 only have 3 adjusters, CO2 trim, idle rpm and idle mixture - so it can't be too hard with a co2 meter to setup if using a preconfigured map.

Really I'm not looking for more power, I just want to smooth it out a bit.

pcn1 17-Jun-2009 21:29

They are still around, "Protwins" are an agent and so is Sigma performance.
Find Ultimaps Australian homepage and you can see all the power graphs and stuff (I havn't looked in years thought !).
Basically they make therir chips by getting volunteers to give them their bikes so they can map a "real world" chip for a standard bike.
You can just pop it in and go, but to get the best from the bike have the throttle bodies balanced and the co2 trim done at the same time.
I did all this myself (and Im no expert) and it was a revelation the smoothness and better power. Do you run a 14 tooth sproket up front? This helps as well.