Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Mr Moonwalk - RIP (/showthread.php?t=79875)

Guido 26-Jun-2009 04:08

Mr Moonwalk - RIP

Bit shell-shocked, partly from doing the night shift bat watching with work but to then hear in the van on the 2am news on the way home that Michael Jackson has died......

Only 50 years old......Just doesn't seem right somehow.....

Not a huge fan but just one of those names that's been around all through my life.......bit surreal...

Chris Wood 26-Jun-2009 04:15

Yep, absolutely, all over the morning news here!!

The King of Pop is dead, long live the King.

All the weirdness aside, he did make some great music.

KeefyB 26-Jun-2009 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wood
All the weirdness aside, he did make some great music.

Agreed!
I recently educated my 12yr old daughter in the pop classics.Is great to hear her singing away to stuff like 'Billie Jean','Thriller' and 'Beat it'.
RIP Jacko.

chris.p 26-Jun-2009 08:01

RIP the king of pop. For me his music seemed to die about ten years ago, I still rate thriller as his best, but there are many more to add to that list.

Chris:burn:

YMFB 26-Jun-2009 09:36

Quite unbelievable, I think I feel a bit like my parents did when Elvis died.

RIP The King of pop

Col996s 26-Jun-2009 09:45

Wierd to think he's gone.

Strange how you always remember where you were when you here news like this. When Elvis died I was at a Radio 1 Roadshow at Minehead, that makes me feel old.

Murray Mint 26-Jun-2009 09:54

So do I start another thread for the bad taste jokes?

YMFB 26-Jun-2009 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray Mint
So do I start another thread for the bad taste jokes?

might be nice

andys 900ss 26-Jun-2009 10:22

RIP fella, will be shaking the garage with Billie Jean over & over

Andy

ps, just for interest, how come someone this important / rich die of a sudden heart attack??? surely he was closely monitored??

Jools 26-Jun-2009 10:51

I liked some of his music a lot, and there is no doubt that he was a very talented songwriter and performer. As the guy who has had the biggest selling album of all time, he even deserves his 'King of Pop' title.

I'm just a bit dismayed that the media have jumped in to a feeding frenzy, and that the "Dianafication" of Michael Jackson has already started. The parallels with the media portrayal of Princess Diana are obvious

Before tragically early death: Mad scheming bitch who is a bit of a slapper
After tragically early death: Sainthood

Michael Jackson

Before tragically early death: Mad, weird recluse with dodgy surgery and a cloud of kiddy fiddling
After tragically early death: Tortured musical genius with a troubled childhood

I guess it's neither of their faults that living in the public gaze exposes them to sensationalism of the worst kind. Oh for a balanced media

900SL Pete 26-Jun-2009 14:34

I would second that Jools.

But the trouble is the media are always waiting for stories like this when all you have is that some politician claimed 45p for a Mars bar on his expenses, this all gets a bit boring after a while and so they start to pick on the BBC for their executive expenses to drum up some more media frenzy.

Then sadlye a great cult pop star dies and amazingly the media jump onto it and quite rightly too, but the simpathy will go on for a few days, then as they dig into his past they will drag up as many sensational stories as possible. To sell papers etc.

I was not a big fan but as others above I remember the hype around the 80's when he was at his prime. Every one was trying to moon walk. Amazing guy sorry he went down hill.

Would have been good to see what he would have come up with later in the year.

R.I.P.

YMFB 26-Jun-2009 14:57

do you think gordon Brown had him assisinated. Its the best news the labour party has had since winning their last election.

badmanners 26-Jun-2009 15:33

I wonder what gave him a heart attack?

Sunshine......moonlight......good times........

Boogie?

007 26-Jun-2009 15:36

Real shame, lets hope he's remembered for all the rights reasons!

RIP Jacko :(

philthy 26-Jun-2009 15:52

At least it's clean

Apparently Michael Jackson died after falling over a babies pram.

A Police spokesperson said it was too early to say what the cause of death was , but ''don't blame it on the buggy'' :)

Murray Mint 26-Jun-2009 16:04

Right seeing you lot have started here's mine.

Whats the difference between Michael Jackson and a grocery bag?

One is white, made of plastic and is dangerous to children. You put your groceries in the other one

Chef 26-Jun-2009 16:06

Breaking news…..

One report stated that “After the sad death of Michael Jackson it has been announced that he will not be cremated owing to the extensive plastic surgery he had previously undergone. Instead he will be melted down as per his wishes and made into lego blocks in order that small children may play with him.”

While another believes that it apparently wasn’t a heart attack “Reports coming out of the states now suggest he was in fact found in a children's ward having a stroke”

badmanners 26-Jun-2009 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef
Breaking news…..
“Reports coming out of the states now suggest he was in fact found in a children's ward having a stroke”

:-D
made me chuckle

chris.p 26-Jun-2009 16:46

Two more

Farrah Fawcett arrived in heaven and god gave her one wish. She wished for all children on earth to be safe. So he killed Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson isn’t going to be buried or cremated but recycled into shopping bags so he can remain white, plastic and dangerous for kids to play with.

Chris:burn:

bradders 26-Jun-2009 16:51

I've had around 20 so far today text to me...

900SL Pete 26-Jun-2009 18:40

I didn't think this thread would degrade this low.

However the difference between Michael Jackson and Sir Alex Furguson is that Sir Alex will be playing Giggs later this year.

antonye 26-Jun-2009 19:11

I was saddened by the news of Michael Jackson's death, but many of the comments on here have made me see sense. I mean, lets face it, he was no Jade Goody.

DucaJsy 26-Jun-2009 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by 900SL Pete
I didn't think this thread would degrade this low.

However the difference between Michael Jackson and Sir Alex Furguson is that Sir Alex will be playing Giggs later this year.

Did you hear there was a drugs raid at his home as well........apparently they found class A drugs in the living room, B in the kitchen but it was Class 3c that was found in his bedroom.

Bionicle 26-Jun-2009 22:20

Does this mean my signed 'Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough' single is now worth something :)

For those who were born too late this is the real M Jackson Yes he was Black :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrPTDU40hO4