Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Noise limit at the 'Ring (/showthread.php?t=84096)

Martin Dower 19-Mar-2011 11:40

Noise limit at the 'Ring

I've been told I need to 95db at 2/3rds revs or less to survive a sound check at the 'Ring and that "seems" less than my 1098s with Termis produces. Any idea what the dB level of my bike might be (aside from popping along to race meeting and getting is measured)? TIA

bradders 19-Mar-2011 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Dower
I've been told I need to 95db at 2/3rds revs or less to survive a sound check at the 'Ring and that "seems" less than my 1098s with Termis produces. Any idea what the dB level of my bike might be (aside from popping along to race meeting and getting is measured)? TIA

been a few times and advice would be take DB killers with you in case you get a pull, they dont test everyone; its by exception (unless its changed since last May), seems enough normally, dont strangle it in the car par; just tick over with very little throttle when pulling away, have a closed clutch cover; that noise alone attracts attention!!

And if like Kim last year you ignore that, tick over next to the most blinged up bike there; they assume its that one and pull it leaving you to bang off into the distance :lol:

Dementor 19-Mar-2011 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
been a few times and advice would be take DB killers with you in case you get a pull, they dont test everyone; its by exception (unless its changed since last May), seems enough normally, dont strangle it in the car par; just tick over with very little throttle when pulling away, have a closed clutch cover; that noise alone attracts attention!!

And if like Kim last year you ignore that, tick over next to the most blinged up bike there; they assume its that one and pull it leaving you to bang off into the distance :lol:

It was 2009 Paul, can't think who you are talking about, but may be this guy below off to try and get his money back for the lap he didn't do :lol:

bradders 19-Mar-2011 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dementor
It was 2009 Paul, can't think who you are talking about, but may be this guy below off to try and get his money back for the lap he didn't do :lol:

:lol:

a very determined man he was!!

really 2009?! WTF did that time go :eek:

Martin Dower 20-Mar-2011 12:30

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys. I've attached a piccy of the exhaust without the killer and of the db killers for anyone interested. I assume these are the right db killers for my termis?

Dementor 20-Mar-2011 15:42

They look right Martin, but I'd check before you go, as they can be a bit of a pig to get in and out (take some pliers with you ;) )