Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Should Ducati sign Gibernau? (/showthread.php?t=23340)

yeti 25-Oct-2005 14:52

Should Ducati sign Gibernau?

Should they sign him or has Rossi done the number on him with his moind games? I personally reckon he has lost the plot entirely after Sunday. From where I was sitting it looked very like the sort of sit up and run off I would expect to see on a novice trackday - not that I haven't done it myself I hasten to add!!!

TP 25-Oct-2005 14:56

No

neilkeogh 25-Oct-2005 15:00

I agree totally with TP

Felix 25-Oct-2005 15:02

The horse has bolted, I supect.

guest1 25-Oct-2005 15:03

Think they should give him interview over winter.
I think he has the potential but seems to suffer from lack of attention during work hours.

Dukerob 25-Oct-2005 15:04

so they need to sell more bikes in Spain.......

MJS 25-Oct-2005 15:10

I'm not sure. I don't think it's as clear-cut as a straightforward 'no'. Gibernau has lost confidence and been out-psyched by Rossi no doubt, but if he got his confidence back, then I think they could do a lot worse - he has been a consistent front-runner and regular race winner over the last couple of years (excluding this one). He's the only rider to have regularly challenged Rossi, and is still pretty damn quick when he gets it together - witness his taking the pole away from Melandri at the weekend.
Bayliss was a superbike rider who never really made the grade in gp, Checa was an established midfield gp runner, Gibernau (until recently) was a consistent front-runner. On paper it seems like another step forward in the Ducati rider line-up.
Question is, will Gibernau get his confidence back, how will he adapt to the Bridgestones and the Desmosedici..?

I think it's a gamble.

Rob B 25-Oct-2005 15:14

Yeti,

I was looking for the option: "No 'cos he's a spent force with a brain made of custard"

but had to settle for no way.

Rgds, Rob

les996 25-Oct-2005 15:15

hate the bloke - no:sniff:

Mark 25-Oct-2005 15:16

No way! There are a lot better riders out there, or a rising young gun like Stoner.