Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Bike registered in Company Name (/showthread.php?t=27032)

TonyH 13-Feb-2006 12:40

Bike registered in Company Name

Has anybody had any experience with insuring a bike registered to a Company, my current insurers wont even quote.:(

Whats the big deal?:mad:

Any suggestions on who to contact would be helpful.

uncledunnie 13-Feb-2006 12:53

Had the same prob 3 yrs ago with my 999.

Alexander Forbes were our vehicle brokers at the time, they did offer cover but at around £3k for the year f/c.

Gave up in the end and registered it in my name, insured it my name.

Not much help I know, I seem to remember that "business use" came into it and that caused problems.

Good luck.

ducatisps 13-Feb-2006 17:13

We quite happily quote for bikes owned and registered by companies - will need to look at security if used on business - but if just an asset and used for Social Domestic and commuting to one place of work usually presents no problems.

We can insure it in your name and note the interest of a company - good if you have bonus you can use.

[Edited on 13-2-2006 by ducatisps]

TonyH 13-Feb-2006 17:22

Quote:

Originally posted by ducatisps
We quite happily quote for bikes owned and registered by companies - will need to look at security if used on business - but if just an asset and used for Social Domestic and commuting to one place of work usually presents no problems.

We can insure it in your name and note the interest of a company - good if you have bonus you can use.

[Edited on 13-2-2006 by ducatisps]

I take it from your web site address that you only insure Duke's, this will be a second bike, may or may not be a Duke but it will be just an asset and used for Social Domestic and commuting

ducatisps 13-Feb-2006 19:12

We will insure any make of sports, sports tourer or super bike. Doesn't have to be a Ducati, but we do like insuring ducati's and do insure quite a lot of them.

BDG 13-Feb-2006 20:16

Tony, the V5 logbook is only the registered keeper, (and not actually the owner) so technically it could be registered in your name but still be owned by the company, as previously mentioned the companys interest is noted.

Are you a sole trader or actually a limited company?

I think Alan thinks i'm talking out of my ar$e, nothing new there then:lol:

[Edited on 13-2-2006 by BDG]

guest1 13-Feb-2006 20:18

Quote:

Originally posted by BDG
Tony, the V5 logbook is only the registered keeper, so technically it could be registered in your name but still be owned by the company, as previously mentioned the companys interest is noted.

And the registered keeper can be two people at once.

TonyH 13-Feb-2006 23:04

Quote:

Originally posted by BDG
Tony, the V5 logbook is only the registered keeper, (and not actually the owner) so technically it could be registered in your name but still be owned by the company, as previously mentioned the companys interest is noted.

Are you a sole trader or actually a limited company?

[Edited on 13-2-2006 by BDG]

I'm Limited, my accountant has said it should be registered in the company name, why does everything you try to do always turns into a pile of the smelly stuff?

madmav 13-Feb-2006 23:10

should not be a problem!
was the Bike Paid for by the company?
as a Director, have you since bought it from the company?

It all makes a difference;)

guest1 13-Feb-2006 23:40

Quote:

Originally posted by BDG

Shaun, stand up mate, you're mumbling again.
:lol: