Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Track day tyre prices!!! (/showthread.php?t=34576)

doogalman 08-Aug-2006 11:16

Track day tyre prices!!!

Off to Brands on thursday and fancy running slicks for a change (allbeit dry).
What sort of money are they asking for a 180 rear at the track? Are they usually a bit cheaper or more expensive as they have a captive customer?

749er 09-Aug-2006 07:34

Just been down to Wraysbury to have a new Diablo fitted to the rear and he says he might be there but only to watch and catch up with everyone he knows, so he is not doing it form a tyre fitting point of view. Dont know who is either. Anyone else know?

doh!!! just re read your question at the regular rate. First time I assumed you were talking about Cadwell Roy. So sorry no idea about Brands

Bungi 28-Aug-2006 23:49

depends a bit on th track day org as to who is used , i was recently quoted 230 for diablo slicks at brands, or i could get some others cant remember exactly what they were for 170.
check with your tdo or check out their website and find out via the tyre man whos going to be there

RickyX 31-Aug-2006 13:02

I went to BH yesterday with FE.
The first thing they mentioned in the Rider Briefing was their tyre sales chap and the photoman and suspension man...

I saw they were selling used slicks for about £35 a pop...I thought that would be a good deal if you just fancied trying slicks to see what they are like. I can't vouch for the condition but they looked well worn*.

BTW - had a great time, warm and sunny and no mishaps! My araldite and bacofoil repair held out a treat too!

RX

*no tread left!!

Bungi 31-Aug-2006 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyX

*no tread left!!

how much did they have to start with???