Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Technical - Help or Info - NON Motorcycle (/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Web Cam advice please (/showthread.php?t=24162)

blueto 17-Nov-2005 12:46

Web Cam advice please

As my father lives miles away, I am thinking about hooking him up with a web-cam so he can see his grandson growing up and all that. Does anyone have any recommendations of a decent, cheap-ish, web-cam with sound.

There may be another problem in that I am on broadband and he is still on dial up, we also have totally different ISP's, are any of these going to cause problems?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.:sing:

Rally 17-Nov-2005 12:49

If you're on broadband with a wireless router, you can get a wireless webcam that acts as its own server so your computer doesn't even have to be on. Of course it does mean that your dad will be able to keep tabs on you at all times ;)

Rally 17-Nov-2005 12:53

... like on of these.

blueto 17-Nov-2005 13:01

So when the wife has all her hot friends round to stay over........... no no no evil impure thoughts go away!!! :devil: :roll: :saint:

[Edited on 17-11-2005 by blueto]

Desmondo 17-Nov-2005 16:42

Don't go cheap, it's simply not worth it for the picture quality. I think however you're going to struggle if he's still on 56k dial up :/

We use it to talk to Welshy's brother, sister-in-law and nephew who live in Japan. It's great when it's going but then both ends have decent bandwidth.