Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Compatibility of parts help... (/showthread.php?t=37914)

Shandy 20-Oct-2006 15:16

Compatibility of parts help...

Afternoon all,

As part of my winter project i'm looking to maybe fit these two items to the monster,

Part No 96429098B - 6 speed gear box

Part No 96844503C - APTC slipper clutch kit

On Ducati.com it lists these as compatible with the M600 made between 1998 to 2001.

Does anyone know if they will fit on a 1995 M600 as Ducati.com don't go back that far and the dealer i've got an enquiry with can't give me a definitive answer as Ducati UK don't know. If not where else or who else could i ask????

Cheers in advance,

Shandy

ChrisBushell 20-Oct-2006 17:28

Be very carefull and ask a dealer to check with Ducati UK. They changed the engine a lot in 98, from the earlier ones and you could well get caught out

Chaz 20-Oct-2006 17:31

Speak to Rich at louigi moto 01761453366 he will have the answers he did it to his bike.

nelly 20-Oct-2006 17:34

I'm not 100% but i think you'll have problems with both. The main point that springs to mind is the clutch actuation on the later bikes is via the slave being on the LHS like the rest of the range. Yours, i think will be via the slave cylinder in the RHS crankcase cover?
This dictates that the clutch operation is completely different and probably things like shaft lengths and diameters will be different.

phil_h 20-Oct-2006 17:35

I think you may need the later primary drive gears too to go with the 6-speed box - the primary drive ratios were changed 3 times during the life of the 583 engine.

paynep 20-Oct-2006 20:50

yup, agree with Phil & Nelly

Shandy 20-Oct-2006 21:09

Thanks all,

Look like the clutch is a defo no go then.

I'll have a chat with rich next week see what he says about the gear box (got to ring him anyway got a slight bend in the front wheel rim)

Cheers,

Shandy

katana 21-Oct-2006 01:32

Was wondering how to tell which bike is which. Eg an early and a late. Mines a reg 98 and so my friends dark but I have the clutch on the nearside (left siting on the bike) while my friends is on the other side.

I have individual bolts either side of the engine holding the engine on the frame while he has the central bolt all the way through.

skidlids 21-Oct-2006 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by katana
Was wondering how to tell which bike is which. Eg an early and a late. Mines a reg 98 and so my friends dark but I have the clutch on the nearside (left siting on the bike) while my friends is on the other side.

I have individual bolts either side of the engine holding the engine on the frame while he has the central bolt all the way through.

Well thats confused me, my Early Monster 600 and 600SS both have the clutch hose going to the right side of the engine and have two seperate front engine bolts

my 620 has the clutch slave cylinder on the left of the engine and has one long bolt right the way through.

KeefyB 21-Oct-2006 07:38

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by katana

The early engines still used the Pantah style outer engine and cambelt covers.