Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Got a Strada? Want an SP? (/showthread.php?t=39730)

weeveetwin 15-Dec-2006 14:31

Got a Strada? Want an SP?

Why spend thousands on all kinds of mods to the engine and running gear - when you can buy this? Guaranteed to make your Strada go like stink!

http://cgi.ebay.de/Ducati-SP5-Nummer...QQcmdZViewItem

doogalman 15-Dec-2006 14:58

That is so wrong.

Rob B 15-Dec-2006 18:47

Now, where can I get and SP4, 1-100 plate?

Only joking. Honest..........

Nattyboy 15-Dec-2006 19:03

and i was just about to order one...ha ha !

On a different note anyone spot the crashed strada in MCN this week..??

Nat

Mr.R 15-Dec-2006 19:06

Hi all, a couple of months ago i bought a SP rear shock rocker arm for my "92 strada based special, the guy then sent me a list of other parts that were available......You've guessed it...... SP5 top yolk plates were amongst them! I think there are a quite a few on the scene in Europe.What With the high prices that the SP's command now, it's worth knocking out the odd "fake" SP5.Future buyers should be VERY carefull when looking to buy one. The classic bike scene has suffered from this for some years now. I have seen fake Roundcase 750ss desmo's,B.S.A. Gold Star's, Rocket Gold Star's (R.G.S's) and other such collectable bikes. Either buy a known bike, do your homework or be prepared to catch a cold!!!!
Steve

Jasper 15-Dec-2006 19:43

NATTY,nows your chance!!!NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!!

Monty 15-Dec-2006 21:25

Apart from everyone who reads this noticeboard eh Jasper..........?

John

weeveetwin 15-Dec-2006 23:30

To fully convert a Strada to SP spec. would be quite an undertaking.

It's hard enough finding/buying the 'common-or-garden' replacement parts for an SP - without having to source (and finance the purchase of) the more 'unique' items necessary to convince a knowledgeable punter. Would it really make economic sense for someone to do this merely with a view to conning the unsuspecting buyer?

Anyone care to guess at the final cost of such a conversion?

Jools 15-Dec-2006 23:48

It ain't worth it. I wanted a 888, but I didn't want an SP because I'm not the sort of fastidious owner an SP deserves and I wanted to modify my bike over the years to make it MY bike.

If I had a fairy godmother or a lottery win it would have a mildly tuned 955 engine with a 748R close ratio box, mag wheels, brembo radial masters, k-teched suspension, smatterings of carbon and a single seat. But I wouldn't care a jot about it not being a pukka SP and I would never try and pass it off as one, even to interested onlookers.

sparkin 16-Dec-2006 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
NATTY,nows your chance!!!NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: