Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Is this allowed (/showthread.php?t=12763)

Albie 30-Dec-2004 20:04

Is this allowed

What are the rules with this then

skidlids 30-Dec-2004 20:14

Hope your just refering to the bodywork, from my understanding of the rules YES it is allowed and I intend fitting my 916 race fairing to a 600SS. Although If I ended up with a Monster I wouldn't be to dissapointed especially if I could get it to look similar to this pic

Jon 30-Dec-2004 20:39

Skids, is that a monster with 9** bodywork or a 9** with a monster seat unit and tank fitted.

keefer 30-Dec-2004 20:41

looking at the foot pegs id say both are monster chassis

skidlids 30-Dec-2004 20:49

Jon its a Monster fitted with 916 bits. This was going to be the next step for Chippy's Monster S4S that a lot of members saw at the Popham Mega meet parked just outside the Marquee. With his Mv style seat unit and the Red/White/Green paint job it would have looked awesome. Then he thought about the cost and traded the Monster for a Brand new 749.

But in our discussions about it I said mentioned that if the Factory built a Monster to that spec they would sell quite a few. Got the looks but not the radical riding position of a 916 and also a lower seat height.

Albie 30-Dec-2004 20:50

Well looking at that one thats really nice. Im halfway there as I have the corbin seat. Hmm track day body work coming up poss. Seeing as I saved 4k from buying brand new s4r Im contemplating 916 swingarm.:eureka::eureka:

skidlids 30-Dec-2004 20:57

I spoke to Viv from V-Tec on Boxingday, he said he did another 4 conversions this year. He is the guy that did Chippy's (Simon's).
Although he is no longer in business as V-tec as he is now working for the KR Proton team and has been flying off to GPs all over the place but obviously still finds time to do some other work.
I wonder what DK motorcycles did with Simon's heavily modded S4

AK 30-Dec-2004 21:23

:flame: ok you lot, shut it!!

AK has just been into the garage to assess the 9** track fairings that are currently on the viffer.

He reckons it wouldn't take him much time to pull them off & put them on my M1000sie!!:o

Stop right now!:mad:

C

ps: Skids - we know that black/yellow monster - nice job he did on that, but the purists didnt like it one bit:(

Albie 30-Dec-2004 21:33

Put them on Al's then or donate to me for future project.:eureka:

AK 30-Dec-2004 21:35

they will stay where they are Albie, as trackbike looks better with them, than without.

Start saving boyo:P

C:)