Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Samco Question (/showthread.php?t=31060)

851neil 24-May-2006 10:01

Samco Question

Can you believe it - I ordered a 90 degree section and a 1 metre length of fluorolined blue and was told it'll be 2 weeks to delivery (this was 2 weeks ago) I rang dt's yesterday to query where my bits were, to be told that they had gone on back order and wouldn't be with me for 5-6 further weeks :flame:
So to get me to the IOM I'm just ordered the stock hose, which they have off the shelf. The 2 hoses in question are both links between the crank breather / oil breather box and airbox.
Question - will the non fluorolined hose live in this application or will I need to change it out when I get back ??
cheers

Neil

Felix 24-May-2006 13:44

Are you worried about the oil fumes deteriorating the hoses? Yes, they do, but over a very long time. I still had the original hoses on my 996RS after 4 years and yes, they were a bit soft but still fine. So, if that's your worry, I wouldn't.

851neil 24-May-2006 14:16

that was exactly my concern - thanks for the clarification, that's a little less expense I need to make - or maybe I'll just re-direct what I'd put aside to the beer fund :D
cheers

Neil