Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   *#!?ing Termis (/showthread.php?t=8745)

DJ Tera 08-Jul-2004 17:54

*#!?ing Termis

They line up about as well as a bunch of ****heads in an ID parade :(

No matter what I try and how hard I hammer, I can't get the mixer pipe to line up with both frame mounts! It will line up with one but not the other, and this has the effect of making the cans look wonky, not to mention they are now hitting the evo reg mount (cheers for that one nelly ;) :D )

Any ideas apart from sticking em on ebay and buying a DECENTLY made set of pipes from Sil Motor or Akrapovic?

antonye 08-Jul-2004 18:58

Mine fit fine - never had any problems.

You might want to run some wet'n'dry round the outside edge of the link and the inside edge of the cans where they meet, just to make sure you've taken all the crud out. It's then a case of wiggle, wiggle, wiggle until they line up correctly.

Don't attach any of the springs or bolts until you're happy with the fit.

I know it's easier said than done but when you've finally cracked it, its much easier second/third/fourth time round!

Rattler 08-Jul-2004 18:59

A bigger hammer!!!

Steve 08-Jul-2004 19:58

I bought some pipes of ebay some weeks ago. put them on looked a complete mess at the back, so the following weekend took them off and basically spent about two hours twisting, cajoling, pulling until I was happy, then tightened them under the seat then put the springs on, also found some grease on the joints worked.

Hope this helps

DJ Tera 08-Jul-2004 22:57

If I use all my body weight to pull things into position it just about fits - the only problem is I aint too happy with that solution as will then be permenantly stressing the frame, and possibly increase the chances of bending when I bin it on track at some point - I guess the old adage is you get what you pay for - if I'd paid more than 400 quid for the 1/2 system I would be seriously annoyed :flame:

pguenet 09-Jul-2004 00:12

DJ, knowing your bike, are you completely sure that it is not the exhausts that are straight and the frame that is bent!! :lol::lol::frog::frog:

DJ Tera 09-Jul-2004 01:04

F*cker! :P :lol:

Seriously though, I might have to sell them if they won't line up right - should be able to make a tidy profit on ebay ;)

It will help pay for a 45-54mm sil motor half system - comparing the welds its impossible to beleive how the termis can cost more!
:puzzled:

kwikbitch 09-Jul-2004 01:16

OH! for goodness sake...strap em to your back...get on the motorway and ride up to Nelly!...
All the wages you're on from those "Chav" gigs you do, you should be able to afford it!:lol::lol::lol:

"sekkle and cease your noise man!"

DJ Tera 09-Jul-2004 01:42

Oi 'bitch, quiet ya tones - If I rode up to nellys my rennsports would be squared off long before I got there - now stop being a fassyhole and put the kettle on! :lol:

m1keyp 09-Jul-2004 20:49

Hi DJ

If you go for the arrows I believe that they have the E marks and removable baffles (one circlip each side).

They might be worth considering.

Mikey

pguenet 09-Jul-2004 21:16

m1ke ... because you think DJ worries about getting pulled for illegal cans?!! There is so much to worry about: no mirrors, hardly any lights because he did not have time to remove the duc tape covering them from the last track day (and anyway they are totally covered by dead mousquitos otherwise!!), bached fairing, no indicators and probably a few "orange" lights taken at twice the limit in the past 200 yards!! I think that the loud pipes would be the least of the cops' worries!!
:o:o

DJ - I thought about your problem and may be it has to do with your old Sil Moto telling the Termis about the rusty treatment they got.... and the Termis doing their best not to fit in a sort of self defense mechanism!!! :P:P:P

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by pguenet]

m1keyp 10-Jul-2004 09:26

I haven't seen the bike only talked about the brakes

Something to consider, near my house lives a magistrate with an illegal registration plate wrong spacing font etc on her BMW should I call crimestoppers?

Nattyboy 10-Jul-2004 10:49

I took delivery of my termis/ecu/filter kit yesterday for my S4R (£930's worth :o) and the qualitys not a patch on the sils I run on my other monster and 888. Looks like the welder was p***d up !!

Pity its on the left thats not fitting..I gotta brand new one of them you could have had cheap !!:D

Best of luck DJ..im sure youll get it sorted mate..

Nat

kwikbitch 10-Jul-2004 12:27

Quote:

Originally posted by DJ Tera
Oi 'bitch, quiet ya tones - If I rode up to nellys my rennsports would be squared off long before I got there - now stop being a fassyhole and put the kettle on! :lol:

Me thinks youz is ay yo tripping man...
Stop parlaying..and get yo hands outta yo phat DJ pockets!

AND...call me no biatch...I aint yo shorty!...dis me again and I'll get my players to kick yo to the kerb!
Dont forget i'm from STANNS...I'm strapped! (it's in my fairing!)AND I KNOW peeps!
:lol:;):lol:;):lol:;):lol:;):lol:;)