Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Suspension setup help (/showthread.php?t=32978)

mark749s 02-Jul-2006 16:45

Suspension setup help

My 749s is in for the 12000 mile service and they have lent me a Multistrada 620. Man it goes where you point it and is rock steady and it gives you so much confidence, I am going round bends faster on it than my 749 - this can't be right.
I have set up the sags on the 749 but am lost on the compression and rebound settings. I dropped the forks to 3 rings showing.
I have now come to the conclusion I don't know what I am doing.
The question is does anyone know anybody who can set it up in South Wales or the surrounding area?

Mark

posiden 02-Jul-2006 20:53

suspension woes

i followed the section8superbike thread that was on here ages ago and it gives a good base set up. i backed off the preload as it was still harsh to ride on bumpy roads. even now it feels like it wants to tip into a corner a bit more than it should but the tyres are a bit worn (it is amazing how a worn set of tyres can alter the handling.)
its much better than it was but i can do the local roads much better on my KTM than on the duke (it is a very focused bike)

mark749s 02-Jul-2006 21:28

I also used the section 8 set up, I don't think I am a bad rider but the multistra is miles easier to throw around and this should not be the case

KeefyB 03-Jul-2006 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark749s
I also used the section 8 set up, I don't think I am a bad rider but the multistra is miles easier to throw around and this should not be the case

Really??Why is that then?
The Multi is a great handling bike,very easy to ride fast,and the upright riding position/wide bars give you loads of confidence.