Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Leaving the fold (/showthread.php?t=80228)

Murray Mint 03-Aug-2009 10:06

Leaving the fold

OK just thought I let you guys know that I have decided not to re-join the club so that's the end of my 7 year connection. See you all later.:(

Murray

mjbayley 03-Aug-2009 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray Mint
OK just thought I let you guys know that I have decided not to re-join the club so that's the end of my 7 year connection. See you all later.:(

Murray

Hi Murray, sorry to see you go, I'm thinking the same myself.
Out of work, bike SORN'ed, not been to any DD meets, not been to the last 3 pub nights (skint)

Also no renewal forms recieved??
One year on from the 'fracas' (read farce) and we STILL can't renew on line as per the 'old farts' club ????
See you around sometime soon,
Mark

andyb 03-Aug-2009 11:46

I got a " our records show that your membership expired and i would like to welcome you back to the DSC" note on Saturday........unfortunately no name signed the letter, although i see Doms name was where you send a cheque to......although hes not shown as membership secretary.....

So who is on the MT team these days please, who is Chairperson, and the letter said DSC is affiliated to Ducati factory, is this really the case?

MJS 03-Aug-2009 13:47

I had a renewal form come through, but haven't done anything with it.

I haven't made a conscious decision not to renew, it's a case of apathy for me

RickyX 03-Aug-2009 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban996
I had a renewal form come through, but haven't done anything with it.

I haven't made a conscious decision not to renew, it's a case of apathy for me

I have just got mine too and am in the same frame of mind.

If we all decided to renew though, we might get a good club out of it?

R

Wozzap 03-Aug-2009 14:43

Had an e-mail on the 29th July saying that my membership was about to expire and that a form would be sent out in the next few days. Here I am on the 3rd of August, no form and no membership. And if it should arrive, then no thank you.

MJS 03-Aug-2009 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyX

I have just got mine too and am in the same frame of mind.

If we all decided to renew though, we might get a good club out of it?

R

If it wasn't for the fact my credit card has just had a real hammering, I probably would renew despite my feelings of apathy.

I've always thought this is a great club, but these days it seems to be mainly DD related and that's not my cuppa.

I used to enjoy the WSBK evenings but they seem to be a thing of the past until the affiliation issue is resolved, and me re-joining isn't going to influence that decision one way or another.

Murray Mint 03-Aug-2009 16:34

It's not the cost as I feel £20.00 is a small price to pay for being a part of a club that has had a large influence on Ducati ownership.

My first experience of the club the way it used to be came way back on a very cold and wet October morning 2002. I had been a member for a few months and was now attending my first track day at Brands. I had an unfortunate incident just down the road from the track where I fell off snapping the gear shift and clutch leavers. I was amazed at the help that was awaiting me. Henners drove me from Brands all the way over to ProV to pick up the replacement parts so I could get on with the day. This took quite some time, time in which Henry could of been enjoying the delights of circuit riding, what I'm trying to say is that from my perspective the many characters of the club have gone and so to has the camaraderie.

I wish the club all the best for the future but I still believe that the replacement of only one member of the MT would see a return to the past level of prosperity that the club enjoyed.

This is the last I will say on this subject in public.

Murray

andyb 04-Aug-2009 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyb
.unfortunately no name signed the letter, although i see Doms name was where you send a cheque to......although hes not shown as membership secretary.....

So who is on the MT team these days please, who is Chairperson, and the letter said DSC is affiliated to Ducati factory, is this really the case?

So is there one left to answer....i know Gordon has his feet up at the moment..

Col996s 04-Aug-2009 10:28

I would be interested how many members there are in the club and compare it with say two years ago.