Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Ducati Silverstone Track Event (/showthread.php?t=83690)

Clint748 12-Jan-2011 19:53

Ducati Silverstone Track Event

Hi have the option to get 5 tickets for the above event. Please let me know as a matter of urgency if you want one, I will need a £100 deposit asap

Thanks
Clinton

Dementor 13-Jan-2011 00:05

Strange as I thought booking was only available via Ducati dealers!?

Clint748 13-Jan-2011 09:47

Let me explain. I am taking the role of Regional Organiser for the Midlands and David Reiley at Ducati Coventry has set aside 5 tickets for me as a
result. They payment will be made to Ducati Coventry not me. This gives the lads and ladies who do not have new machines the chance to attend without to much agro.

Please let me know if you want any tickets

Regards
C

Dementor 13-Jan-2011 10:02

No problem Clint, that wasn't clear from your original post hence the question. Welcome to the world of regional organisers ;)

chris.p 13-Jan-2011 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint748
. This gives the lads and ladies who do not have new machines the chance to attend without to much agro.

Regards
C

Errrrr, what is this "who do not have new machines the chance to attend"

Are you trying to say only those who buy a new machine will be able to have a ticket????

Chris:burn:

Gbyte666 13-Jan-2011 20:33

Hate to say it Chris but I'll bet thats the way its going to be. New Duke owners get first dibs or even thrown in as a new bike deal sweetner. I mean this is an official Ducati Event and being booked by dealers only. So its in their intrest. After all its a Ducati publicty event.
I have already got my name down with WM Snells in Hampshire but thats no garentee of a ticket. Fair play to them if they sell 50+ bikes from now and give them all to those customers.
Anyone know when the dealers can confirm prices and places ?
I'm sure we all want to know to make plans, IE if I cant get a ticket its time to call No Limits and get a Cadwell going. :)

Craig

chris.p 13-Jan-2011 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Hate to say it Chris but I'll bet thats the way its going to be. New Duke owners get first dibs or even thrown in as a new bike deal sweetner. I mean this is an official Ducati Event and being booked by dealers only
Craig

Well if that is the case, I think they will be shooting themselves in the foot, I for one will not go near it, :mad:

Chris:burn:

bradders 13-Jan-2011 21:19

Doesn't Ant know as he's been to the el president meetings? Be a shame if it is, but let's be honest why would ducati care much about the likes of us?

antonye 13-Jan-2011 21:24

As far as I have been told by Ducati UK, the tickets are allocated to dealers and it is up to the dealer to sell their tickets.
I know there will be a push to sell the two-day tickets first before selling the single day (ie, what's left over).
There are no prices yet, and I don't think (but I may be wrong) that anyone has an allocation yet either, so it is down to the dealer to run reserve lists if they so wish.
If your dealer is reserving them for new bike buying customers ... phone a different dealer?

You're right that there is no discount / pre-order / preference to clubs, but that's across the board and not just for us. The price is non-negotiable for the dealer as well, so there isn't room for them to give anyone a discount! Even if we got an allocation of tickets we would not be able to sell them cheaper than a dealer, and we wouldn't make any money off them either ... so really there's nothing in it for us except to attend and promote the club!

Dementor 13-Jan-2011 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Hate to say it Chris but I'll bet thats the way its going to be. New Duke owners get first dibs or even thrown in as a new bike deal sweetner. I mean this is an official Ducati Event and being booked by dealers only. So its in their intrest. After all its a Ducati publicty event.
I have already got my name down with WM Snells in Hampshire but thats no garentee of a ticket. Fair play to them if they sell 50+ bikes from now and give them all to those customers.
Anyone know when the dealers can confirm prices and places ?
I'm sure we all want to know to make plans, IE if I cant get a ticket its time to call No Limits and get a Cadwell going. :)

Craig

Absolutely not the case Craig, you're on the list and as soon as we have confirmation of prices we'll let you know. To my knowledge there is NO link to bike purchases :D