Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Private Adverts (/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Looking After Leather? (/showthread.php?t=9528)

rapidomoto 13-Aug-2004 19:33

Looking After Leather?

Just bought a new suit and would like know what the best ways of looking after it are. After a ride I normally wipe it down but what about feeding the leather etc. Feed with what, how often and any products you can recommend? Cheers.

kwikbitch 13-Aug-2004 20:19

I just tend to sponge the leathers over then apply NIKWAX spray cleaner from hein gericke...it cleans and protects the leather.
Just use ordinary clear beewax on my boots...(even use it on my trainers...the old stuff is the good stuff!):D

Chris ST4 13-Aug-2004 20:42

Iv'e used Connolly Hide care for the last 3 years and the leather looks good and cleans up easily (after the forcasters got it wrong)...Takes a bit to soak in after applying though.

psychlist 13-Aug-2004 21:17

Baby wipes to clean it up - NikWax to give it a modicum of water protection.
:borg:

rapidomoto 13-Aug-2004 22:14

Thanks everyone. Thanks further to Psychlist for letting me know about the 10% reduction at Cissbury leathers, came in very useful!

redsp 13-Aug-2004 23:34

Gliptone leather care products are one of the best on the market just now, Ive used lots of different cleaners over the years and now just stick to gliptone, (i clean leather upholstery everyday)... :rolleye:

955matt 14-Aug-2004 13:42

HI,

I use a damp cloth to remove the flys:devil:,then leave it to dry then use Renapur which i found to be very good.Have been using it for about eight years and no probs yet.Does anyone else use this:puzzled:

Matt

ath748 16-Aug-2004 17:51

I'm now embarrased to say that I clean away dead flies occasionally then hang the leathers up and walk away.

Really should start to feed it I guess (leathers, not the flies). So will take away some advice from here too.

Ade.

RedMist 17-Aug-2004 10:06

Nikwax to clean the crud off.
Renapur to feed the leather - brilliant stuff, and have also been using on all things leather for about 10 years.
Nikwax waterproofer to finish (this summer anyhow!).

;)

MJS 17-Aug-2004 10:13

Renapur - best thing ever for leather!