Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Greetings from a newbie (/showthread.php?t=79724)

DucaJsy 11-Jun-2009 23:02

Greetings from a newbie

Hi all and thanks for hosting such a good site. I am hoping to make my first Ducati purchase next week having had three japanese superbikes in the past and am looking forward to experiencing what it is about these bikes that makes owners so passionate about them.:roll:

Monty 12-Jun-2009 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucaJsy
Hi all and thanks for hosting such a good site. I am hoping to make my first Ducati purchase next week having had three japanese superbikes in the past and am looking forward to experiencing what it is about these bikes that makes owners so passionate about them.:roll:

An 1198S-on Jersey................you'll never get it out of first gear.:lol:

Enjoy the bike, and welcome to the madness-you will find yourself unacountably attracted to carbon and titanium bits and bobs-don't fight it-it happens to us all.

John

WeeJohnyB 12-Jun-2009 12:35

1198 on Jersey....you need to get in with the Jersey trackday crew that come on No Limits days so you can get out of first gear as Monty says

WeeJohnyB

DucaJsy 12-Jun-2009 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
1198 on Jersey....you need to get in with the Jersey trackday crew that come on No Limits days so you can get out of first gear as Monty says

WeeJohnyB

I know, I know but at least France is a stone's throw away. I know the crew you mean and have enjoyed their company at Magny and Val on a few occasions.