Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Cat C 748 on ebay (/showthread.php?t=80908)

JasonBoswell 17-Oct-2009 09:40

Cat C 748 on ebay

Could someone give me a steer on this Cat C on ebay please.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#descripti on

Cant believe it would have been written off for just the cosmetics, surely? But maybe so..

And how does one go about getting a Cat C registered again? Would it forever be blighted with its history?

Thanks all

skidlids 17-Oct-2009 09:49

I've had a few Cat Cs, my current S2R was advetised as Cat C but then It turned out to be Cat D.
Often its something like a scratched frame that makes it Cat C or a lot of bodywork or front nd damage.
Not sure what the current deal is on Cat Cs, but previously I just had to apply for the log book. The most it would be is a MOT and possibly an inspection, mainly for checking engine & frame numbers against paperwork

Mr C 17-Oct-2009 16:07

You do not need a VIC check on a Cat C bike. Although you do on a car. Value will always be lower as its a Cat C and it will say on the Logbook its a Cat C

Oh and IMO its over priced already

Gbyte666 17-Oct-2009 17:13

I had a CAT C 749S, Kev ( Skids ) came with me when I bought it. Nothing at all wrong with it, was an exelent bike. But the only minor hasstle I did have was with insurance. Its best to disclose its a CAT upfront and they then get you to send in inspection reports that its fit for the road etc. I had Snells Ducati check the bike over and write a letter on headed paper that the frame / forks etc were straight and road worthy.
If you do a check on it, it will always state on any check thats it was a CAT D forever now. So as Mr C says dont expect to sell it at a profit or same prices as other 748's.
The only problem I can think of ( and someone with the know will confirm this ) is if the bike layed on its side after the crash with the engine running and it was starved of oil. I dont know how you can check for this ?

Craig

JasonBoswell 17-Oct-2009 17:21

cheers all. thanks for advice. not for me, but for an acquaintance who wants to pick up a crash damaged one to do work on himself.