Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Rideouts, Meets and other Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Bike Magazine Day at Cadwell, 17th April (/showthread.php?t=96162)

mileypau 11-Apr-2012 11:02

Bike Magazine Day at Cadwell, 17th April

Hi

just to say hi and is anyone going to this event?.....early season chance to get to know my new bike a bit better away from speed limits. Fingers crossed April showers hold off.

It's one of the Bike Magazine 'reclaim our tracks' days for number plated/head lighted road bikes and track novices.....of which I am one.

btw had the 999s Termi' measured and it is 101 dB....Cadwell is 105dB limit :)

Paul

antonye 11-Apr-2012 11:40

Cadwell is always a trek for me in Essex (about 3 hours with a van/trailer!) and means staying overnight before the event, so I've committed to doing the Club MSV Ducati Only trackday on 9th July for this year instead.

mileypau 11-Apr-2012 12:33

I'll see you at that one then........same reason Brands isn't a track i've ever been to.

Well served here in Lincs/Notts with Donington, Mallory and Cadwell

Paul

antonye 11-Apr-2012 12:37

Unless you book the GP layout, you're not missing much on Brands!

It's about the same distance for me to Brands and Snett, so Snett with it's new layouts wins every time.

I do think Cadwell is an awesome track though, 2nd only to Oulton Park which is even further away for me!

mileypau 12-Apr-2012 14:09

Oulton historic...

1 Attachment(s)
I have been around Oulton once...circa 1989, Performance Bikes 'Rich *******s Frenzy'. I had a new ZXR 750 H1....wasn't rich by any means. Bimota and Norton had trade displays....

Check this out...Frank Thomas boots, fisherman's socks, no knee sliders (gaffer tape). Journo' Mark Forsyth was there I think on first ZZR1100 and circulating with a photographer sitting backwards on the pillion trying to take pics' as he scythed through us. It was a damp day...fastest I think I have ever ridden in the wet......

antonye 12-Apr-2012 14:20

Nice! :D

mileypau 17-Apr-2012 20:58

I love my bike...

....first chance to properly ride it today, at Cadwell.

Wet start so the poor thing is filthier than it has been its entire life.

Sessions dryish pre-lunch then sunny all afternoon. Handling is so spot on vs anything I have ever ridden before. Plenty enough power to join up the bends, yet never felt I was going to slide or highside.

Bring on July.....

Paul

PS will post some pics of Panigale next to mine. Mike Armitage from Bike magazine was there with it. Delayed arriving as electrics played up. He asked my opinion...... I don't want to offend any owners, an awesome bit of kit, but I struggled to see what made it uniquely Ducati. And I know I am new to the marque.

Still it got plenty of attention. And it is tiny. Smaller than an SV650.