Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Supersports: SS / SuperSport / Supersport 950 (/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   fuel in oil? (/showthread.php?t=656)

scooter996 07-Jun-2003 03:03

fuel in oil?

I have a 2000 996 with 4200 miles on it. I usually do oil sampling to make sure that all things are going okay. Well the last sample that I sent in was a bad one. I got a call from the lab that runs the samples late last night. She said that there was excessive-critical-unacceptable amounts of FUEL in the oil sample :WTF: . Anyone else test there old oil and have the same problem or anyone found fuel in there oil? I do have the extended and Ducati regular warranty but I can hear them now saying that they wont pay for any repair until the bike breaks down. I would like to FIX the problem before it gets worse! I dont think DNA believe in PREVENTIVE warranty work. What should I do? Help please :(

kfz 12-Jun-2003 20:49

oh dear this is very bad. Where are you up to?

LukeDuke 13-Jun-2003 18:51

get the cylinder head compression tested to see if your piston rings / barrel are excessively worn ?

kfz2 15-Jun-2003 20:36

Sorry guys i think your all going the wrong way with this.

If theres a large amount of unburnt gas in the oil, then the chances are its comming out of the fuel tap while the bike is parked up (yes i know the over flow should drop it out).

I suggest as a matter of caution that you chekc the tap is not running while the bike is stopped (its a vaucumn tap right?) and that both the varbs overflows and vents are clear.

You know this is extremly bad and fatal for any engine.