Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Insurance...is there any sense to it???? (/showthread.php?t=19596)

sparkin 12-Jul-2005 12:38

Insurance...is there any sense to it????

Just had my renewal thru from M/C direct, £309 for fully comp all singing and dancing with breakdown etc. for the T8.

Rang Ducati insurance (was with them for a year or two a few years back when it was Tangent Ins)they gave me a quote of ............wait for it...................£149.00:o:o:o for the same cover!

Rang M/C Direct and they asked "have you had another quote sir?" yes said I and told `em and they came back with £139.50:o:o:o:o

Wondering if I should ring Ducati back to see if they can beat that,but the rates would have probably gone up by now:lol:

Oh,the joys of owning an old bike in Narfuk:D;):smug:

Herb 12-Jul-2005 12:41

It really cheeses me off when they do that. They may as well say 'we were trying to rip you off but seeing as you've found out here the honest quote'

Desmondo 12-Jul-2005 12:45

Go with Ducati Insurance and tell M/C Direct to shove it :)

Twinfan 12-Jul-2005 12:49

Agreed!

sparkin 12-Jul-2005 12:53

Yep,I think that`s what I`ll do,I had a quote from Ducati at Veloce M/Cs open day,that was in May for £200,which I thought was resonable,but it`s come down fifty quid since then:o The funny thing is they`re both the same policy,Equity red star.

stuart hill 12-Jul-2005 13:00

Go with Ducati, I paid £400 for 749 in the first year and the renewal came through a month or so ago at £251!!
Can't say I even bothered shopping around after that.