Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Portimao next week (/showthread.php?t=78865)

WeeJohnyB 20-Mar-2009 12:21

Portimao next week

Don't you just hate me........I can't stop smiling, Bikes are going on the truck at the weekend, bags being packed for my early morning flight on Tuesday. Brand new track is going to take a long time to learn as there are so many blind crests and exits. I am preparing myself for leading out the fast group and the humiliation that will follow.....how slow are you allowed to go in the fast group? Instructors are getting in a few laps before the circuit opens, so no doubt the pit wall will be full of people pointing and laughing.

I've tried to have a look on youtube to learn as much as I can before we go and found this lap by Randy Mamola (not on a duc). I love it for the way he gets on the gas before the apex and before he has finished the turn by the look of it, one area where these guys buy 15-20 seconds a lap from us lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc3aW...eature=related

If anyone is going, I'll see you out there.

WeeJohnyB

Chef 20-Mar-2009 14:45

Must say I share your trepidation!!

I've got the last round of 2008 WSB saved on my Virgin plus box & there's a sighting lap in a car.....looks technical ie really f**king hard

I will be probably have to go to the loo 2 or 3 times before my first session!!

Have fun & hope it's sunny & dry

Duc998RS 21-Mar-2009 00:02

hey guys don't forget to leave some feedback from my underfull hometrack ehehheheheh will be there Sunday