Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Track Day Insurance (/showthread.php?t=114731)

abe1098 03-Jun-2012 21:25

Track Day Insurance

Can anyone please recommend any track day insurance? I'm doing my first track day at Pembrey. I've been looking already and it seems like a mine field once you read the small print.
MCE do insurance for £99 but their excess is crazy! half the value of the bike!!!
I got a quote from Moris and they charged me £245 for the day, but after reading the small print they don't cover any of your gear, body work etc etc.....

Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences with track day insurance and who they could recommend, thanks.

abe1098 09-Jun-2012 12:28

Anyone?????????????

WeeJohnyB 09-Jun-2012 13:57

Try 4 Counties, they do our trackday insurance for No Limits Trackdays

08456 300 200

WeeJohnyB

abe1098 09-Jun-2012 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB

08456 300 200

WeeJohnyB

Awesome, cheers. I will have a snout.

abe1098 09-Jun-2012 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB

08456 300 200

WeeJohnyB

Just had a look at 4counties. They seem good for accidents and injuries including equipment damage, but they do not cover the bike itself.

Does anyone know of any insurance companies that give good cover for the bike?

funkatronic 09-Jun-2012 22:50

tbh its not worth trying to insure the bike

only 2 options really are
get a cheaper track bike that yo u can patch up if you bin it

or

rent a bike from the tdo (focussed events have 848's an shold be getting some panigale this year aparently)

abe1098 09-Jun-2012 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkatronic
tbh its not worth trying to insure the bike

only 2 options really are
get a cheaper track bike that yo u can patch up if you bin it

or

rent a bike from the tdo (focused events have 848's an should be getting some panigale this year apparently)

I did have a think about that cheers, but I want to get to know my own bike better. I may just have to bite the bullet and get what cover I can or just hope I don't stick it in the kitty litter.

If anyone does know of any other insurance companies please let me know, cheers.

Ghost 09-Jun-2012 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by abe1098
I did have a think about that cheers, but I want to get to know my own bike better. I may just have to bite the bullet and get what cover I can or just hope I don't stick it in the kitty litter.

If anyone does know of any other insurance companies please let me know, cheers.

You will not find anyone to insure your bike on a circuit at sensible premiums. If you are that worried of binning it, don't do it or build up slowly and stay within your known limit.

Its a learning exercise not a race.

abe1098 09-Jun-2012 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
You will not find anyone to insure your bike on a circuit at sensible premiums. If you are that worried of binning it, don't do it or build up slowly and stay within your known limit.

Its a learning exercise not a race.

That is a very good point and fully understood, just wanted to be on the safe side. Like you said just take it easy and learn which is what I want to achieve.

funkatronic 10-Jun-2012 20:20

start slow and build it up and you should be fine

if your thinking of doing a few trackdays you could get some cheap fairings either Fiber glass or some ebay Chinese ABS ones (althigh see if you can find a recomend as the quality varies between sellers

what bike have u got?

oh sorry 1098 doh!