Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Know any track bike rental companies? (/showthread.php?t=20123)

JasonBoswell 27-Jul-2005 11:53

Know any track bike rental companies?

Very good friend of mine is over start of september and were planning a track day in first week of Sept - prob Silverstone. Can anyone recommend a track bike rental company that we could use? Hes; tried Ladysnootz (sp?) and theyre all out in Spain apparently!

TP 27-Jul-2005 11:55

Rich @ Louigi Moto

HW 27-Jul-2005 12:26

Focused Events also rent bikes for their own track days. There may be some rulae about "other rental bikes not being allowed", but not sure where I read that.

Lougimoto do Dukes though.

Iconic944ss 27-Jul-2005 12:33

STrangely - some keeps advertise a track bike for hire on ebay:

Ahhhhh, its changed now and is only for Cadwell but I'll put it here for a contact anyways:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...9270 156&rd=1

Here is the best bikehire list I can find:

http://www.biketrackdays.co.uk/bikehire.html

Good luck - Frank

JasonBoswell 27-Jul-2005 12:56

Thanks all. He's not a fan of twins, despite my raving, so likely to go for a IL4. Thanks for the link Frank, I knew there was one someehere but was looking on uktrackdays.co.uk.

WeeJohnyB 27-Jul-2005 13:13

No Limits Trackdays use Paul Russo, as do a number of the other trackday companies. Paul has about 10 R6's, all totally race prepped with race cans, bodywork, rearsets, decent suspension etc etc. I've ridden several of them (he uses us to test them after crashes or to run in new tyres - dummies or what???), so I can personally testify that they are good bikes.

Paul supplies everything and personally looks after the bike all day, unlike some other rental firms, so he will fuel it up and put the tyre warmers on after every session - you just turn up and throw your leg over it.

Send me a U2U and I'll give you his mobile number.

WeeJohnyB

deej 31-Jul-2005 01:09

i was talking to the guy from ladysnoots at donington gp last week and he seemed to offer a good service

f/events will only allow their own hire bikes on track but if you hired 1 from loigimoto who are they to know its not yours